Peter Jok

I really think from what I read and am hearing...we have a chance with Jok...NY2LA.Com has him the number 1 overall player in 2013...he would definitely be the last piece of the puzzle

Yep good luck...UNC, KU, Memphis, etc are gonna be all over this kid...might as well put resources to better use
You seem unaware of the kid's family and background. Memphis, Kansas, Kentucky have less chance at this kid than Grinnell College.

Start your list of prospective destinations with Stanford, UCLA, Duke, Vandy, Northwestern, Michigan, Cal-Berkeley.

Please change the subject before I have three years of nightmares about another Iowa kid playing for Bo Ryan.

has jok done ANYTHING yet? seems all hype to me

aj derby was a top-25 player nationally at that age- in hoops.

It's not all hype, it is perfect science...:D
That's why every "97" is in the NBA

Another thing, this kid is a freshman, a lot of time for Coach Fran to get a great relationship.

The negativity that is out there for Iowa basketball has deep roots, it will take time to clear the air. Wait a minute, have there been any negative stories about the Hawkeyes on Coach Fran's watch...no. The roots of any negative began under Lickliter.
One thing though, Lickliter did recruit some good players: Gatens, Marble, Payne and May...the problem with Iowa has been too few upperclassmen and freshman, in most cases, not ready to contribute as freshman. Look for that to change with Fran, there will not be the mass exodus each year.

Dude is 6-6, and can do it all. Has cousins that have grown to 7-0+, and an older brother currently playing D1. If you saw the kid play for 2 minutes you would realize it is anything but "hype."

What about the Martin Bros forward, Agao? He is a 6'7'' 215lb sophmore to be out of Omaha. I believe he is friends with Jok? Would be a nice duo for Iowa bb.

I know the kid fairly well, and know the people helping him make his college decision even better. Him leaving jake sullivan's program was the best thing that has happened to him.

Agree with you a 100% on him leaving Jake. I know he's also very comfortable with the Iowa State staff.

Peter and his guardian met with Fran this summer. An Illinois recruiter called Jok's guardian after a camp game where Peter scored 38(including 24 straight) and asked, "What do we have to do to get Peter to commit right now?"

Jok would be a HUGE get for Iowa. A HUGE get. Put him with Paige and Woodbury in 2013???? If Fran could pull that off, that would be unreal.

Dude is 6-6, and can do it all. Has cousins that have grown to 7-0+, and an older brother currently playing D1. If you saw the kid play for 2 minutes you would realize it is anything but "hype."
AJ has always been a great athlete but show me where AJ Derby was rated a top 25 player when he was 15. I know that was not the case. Jok is the real deal and I hope Iowa gets him.

Agree with you a 100% on him leaving Jake. I know he's also very comfortable with the Iowa State staff.

When he left sullivan's program, he played the rest of the summer for former Cyclone, Lefty Moore. Moore was recently brought on to Hoiberg's staff. So, yes he does. But his guardian is also a big Iowa fan.

I was with his guardian this morning. Peter is living with an uncle who is 7-1
and fills a doorway.

Latest posts