Peter Jok 1st team BIG while Utoff is 2nd

KCTrainer

I know this sounds crazy with the fact that just a month ago Utoff was in the mix for POY, but what are the chances Jok gets 1st team All BIG and Utoff slides to 2nd?

Slim to none. Once some belief gets out in the stratosphere, it's taken as gospel truth. "Uthoff is a first teamer" could practically be written in stone.

I don't know who will get what awards/honors, but I think this is a big part of our problems of late. At one time, Uthoff was playing like a potential Wooden Award winner. He's come back down to earth and the difference is that no one has picked up the slack and the defense can take some focus off of him.

This is to no fault of Uthoff. I'm thankful he played as incredibly well as he did for such a period of time, not just for the wins, but for the pure enjoyment of watching one of the best stretches of games that an Iowa player and an Iowa team has played in my lifetime.

I don't know who will get what awards/honors, but I think this is a big part of our problems of late. At one time, Uthoff was playing like a potential Wooden Award winner. He's come back down to earth and the difference is that no one has picked up the slack and the defense can take some focus off of him.

This is to no fault of Uthoff. I'm thankful he played as incredibly well as he did for such a period of time, not just for the wins, but for the pure enjoyment of watching one of the best stretches of games that an Iowa player and an Iowa team has played in my lifetime.

I'm thankful too. I've spent the last month and a half checking scores and watching so many games I wouldn't normally care about. It has really made this season fun and Uthoff is the main reason why. Just because he's struggling now doesn't mean he will struggle in a week.

Uthoff and Jok are tied at the top of the conference in total points scored. Valintine is first in average points per game and they are tied for second.

I know this sounds crazy with the fact that just a month ago Utoff was in the mix for POY, but what are the chances Jok gets 1st team All BIG and Utoff slides to 2nd?

The chances are zero, but it's the way it should be.

Peter Jok will step on an NBA floor someday in some capacity; Uthoff will ride goats around Kazakhstan and Latvia until his wife gets sick of it.