Pete Moe

The real question is how good is his kid? Anyone know? Any offers from any schools yet? Don't care much about the other stuff. Although his dad was that player all the other fan bases hated...which means he was pretty good, and assume he annoyed the opponents as well.

I just found a picture of Jeff and he hasn't changed a bit since his days at Iowa.

View attachment 7244

My memory of him was when he hit a shot turned and threw a fist in celebration and punched Ed Horton.

If his kid plays in college, will other teams chant, "ho-moe" at him too?
Looks like a mobster here....or someone who would sleep with Amy Fisher.....hell of a player at Iowa though. Kid looks a lot like him.

No, but Jeff Moe was one of my favorite Hawks back in the day and I was disappointed when I went to the 25th anniversary event for the '87 team and he wasn't there. I wondered if there was bad blood or something. If this kid can ball, the family moving to IC is probably a damned good sign!
Wasnt he in England for a long time?

Not sure when he came back to the states.

I just found a picture of Jeff and he hasn't changed a bit since his days at Iowa.

View attachment 7244

My memory of him was when he hit a shot turned and threw a fist in celebration and punched Ed Horton.

If his kid plays in college, will other teams chant, "ho-moe" at him too?
Well his weight has changed.

Father time is undefeated. I know, but I am down to 222 lbs and falling.

The problem is I was 185 when I left Iowa City in 1989.

Pat Harty of Hawkfanatic tweeted this out this morining:

'Big show coming up on Monday; we’ll have Don Patterson on at 9 am to talk about Iowa FB and it’s bowl destination, and then at 10 we’ll have former Iowa basketball player Jeff Moe on to talk about his recent move to Iowa City, and look back at his playing days as a Hawkeye.'

Going right to the source, this ought to be a good interview.

Last edited:
Pat Harty of Hawkfanatic tweeted this out this morining:

'Big show coming up on Monday; we’ll have Don Patterson on at 9 am to talk about Iowa FB and it’s bowl destination, and then at 10 we’ll have former Iowa basketball player Jeff Moe on to talk about his recent move to Iowa City, and look back at his playing days as a Hawkeye.'

Going right to the source, this ought to be a good interview.
Awesome catch. Would love to hear the lowdown of how that goes.

My take on his recruiting a kid who's Dad may be a piece of work is this. It depends on the type of piece of work. Like that Ball family who's Dad thinks his shit don't stink and wants to have his imprint on everything no thanks. That type of helicopter parent no thanks. But if Jeffs is more along the lines of with his business ventures outside of his kids life then to me leave it up to the kid. He'll end up going somewhere. Want him to go to Wisconsin or ISU and kick our ass? So far he seems to be turning heads and is the real deal. I'm not gonna dismiss him because of is Dad at this point.

It was a good interview and you can listen to it as it will be put up on the hawkfanatic website as a podcast at some point today.

Jeff said he moved his family to get them out of crime infested Indy. He moved to Iowa City to finish his degree. He needs 2 classes and he promised his 80 year old mother he would do it. He says he doesn't go to the first few of Pete's games each season so he doesn't yell too much.

Pat said he thought Pete looked like he had B1G talent. Jeff said Pete has no Div 1 offers yet.

I didn't realize that Acie Earl, Val Barnes, and Michael Morgan all have sons on the West HS team right now. I do think I saw that Morgan signed a letter of intent to play baseball at Iowa.

It was a good interview and you can listen to it as it will be put up on the hawkfanatic website as a podcast at some point today.

Jeff said he moved his family to get them out of crime infested Indy. He moved to Iowa City to finish his degree. He needs 2 classes and he promised his 80 year old mother he would do it. He says he doesn't go to the first few of Pete's games each season so he doesn't yell too much.

Pat said he thought Pete looked like he had B1G talent. Jeff said Pete has no Div 1 offers yet.

I didn't realize that Acie Earl, Val Barnes, and Michael Morgan all have sons on the West HS team right now. I do think I saw that Morgan signed a letter of intent to play baseball at Iowa.
I didn't either. I knew about Michael Morgans son a little bit but not the other two. I didn't know either were even in the Iowa City area. I'll have to check out that interview later thanks

Latest posts