Pete Moe

Zstatman

I heard that Jeff Moe has moved to Iowa City and his 6'8" junior son, Pete, has enrolled at West HS. He had been playing AAU and at Cathedral Prep in Indy.

Anybody know anything about this?

No, but Jeff Moe was one of my favorite Hawks back in the day and I was disappointed when I went to the 25th anniversary event for the '87 team and he wasn't there. I wondered if there was bad blood or something. If this kid can ball, the family moving to IC is probably a damned good sign!

Damn.....

Pete certainly looks like Jeff and has his Attitude

He would be a Good One

Looks Very Intense and can play D

I just found a picture of Jeff and he hasn't changed a bit since his days at Iowa.

1608319228614.jpeg

My memory of him was when he hit a shot turned and threw a fist in celebration and punched Ed Horton.

If his kid plays in college, will other teams chant, "ho-moe" at him too?

I'm sure there is an inside joke somewhere in here...care to share?

The last post:

Doesn't change the fact that Jeff was a very good player with the Hawks

He had Very Serious Attitude

At Michigan, just as the teams were going to the locker room

Friedler yelled very loudly: Moe, you're an asshole

We laughed like loons

He's All Good in my book

His son looks like him and appears to have the same attitude

I would love to see him in a Hawkeye Jersey

I'm sure there is an inside joke somewhere in here...care to share?
Jeff Moe owned a strip joint in Indianapolis and roughed up a city councilman who he thought was trying to screw him out of his liquor license.

Iowa ain’t going after anyone with connections to Jeff Moe

Jeff Moe owned a strip joint in Indianapolis and roughed up a city councilman who he thought was trying to screw him out of his liquor license.

Iowa ain’t going after anyone with connections to Jeff Moe

Let me interject here. First, the son shouldn't suffer for something his father ALLEGEDLY did.

Second, and I'm going to do this while attempting to steer clear of politics, but the fact that Dolls Inc was not allowed to relocate after an unnamed senior senator from the Great State of Iowa shook down $50 million of federal funding for a preposterous indoor rain forest and the old location was sold is one of the most blatant constitutional violations I've ever heard of and the fact that the owners even had to spend money suing (I believe they lost, which is in and of itself patently absurd) is disgraceful. You cannot zone fine arts establishments out of existence. It violates the Constitution.

If Jeff Moe wants to get back in the game in Iowa City, good for him. There are a lot of aspiring doctors in Iowa City who need that lucrative work and they shouldn't be forced to drive clear to Cedar Rapids to work at the Lumberyard or Dancer's Ranch, each of which has a much lower class clientele than Dolls used to have.

There's a lot of baggage here. I am talking airport size baggage. The question becomes is it better or worse than Roy/Devyn Marble? I will be the shallow asshole here....is the kid worth it or not?

Jeff Moe was one of my favorite all time Hawkeyes. The guy gave one-hundred fifty percent on the court at all times. Some of the best memories I have of him was getting a scrappy rebound and somehow finger rolling it in plus the foul. Being the three point shooter that he was. After a made three he sometimes would pump his fist in the air.

Come to think of it he was comparable to a junk yard dog on the court. What he lacked in size and talent he made up for with tenacity!

Jeff Moe scored 1248 points as a Hawkeye and is #24 on the all time scoring list so he did something right!

Maybe HawkeyeNation should try and do an interview, see what's up?

My people tell me Lisa Bluder didn't recruit the Joens gal who is now playing pretty well at ISU because of her did, is this the same thing?

I'd say let's not rush to judgement and let it play out, see where it goes.

Jeff Moe scored 1248 points as a Hawkeye and is #24 on the all time scoring list so he did something right!

Maybe HawkeyeNation should try and do an interview, see what's up?

My people tell me Lisa Bluder didn't recruit the Joens gal who is now playing pretty well at ISU because of her did, is this the same thing?

I'd say let's not rush to judgement and let it play out, see where it goes.
Even Cyclone fans have admitted that Joens dad is a psycho and has been kicked out of a number of his kids' games.

Jeff Moe was one of my favorite all time Hawkeyes. The guy gave one-hundred fifty percent on the court at all times. Some of the best memories I have of him was getting a scrappy rebound and somehow finger rolling it in plus the foul. Being the three point shooter that he was. After a made three he sometimes would pump his fist in the air.

Come to think of it he was comparable to a junk yard dog on the court. What he lacked in size and talent he made up for with tenacity!

So does this translate into what his kid is going to be?

Latest posts