Perspective for a moment - two fold.

Bigtenchamp

I dont think hardly anyone thought this team was going to make a NCAA this year.. and somehow they did.

As far as the NCAA tourney... we knew this team wasnt going anywhere.. this was expected.

Last year was different.. we looked on the rise and shit the bed.

This year was a success considering the mediocre squad we have.

I dont think hardly anyone thought this team was going to make a NCAA this year.. and somehow they did.

As far as the NCAA tourney... we knew this team wasnt going anywhere.. this was expected.

And they looked weak against a mediocre sec team.

Let me think about this for two seconds…….. hmmmm………… let’s see……….. who is responsible for the players in this program?

What does this move Frans NCAA record too? Too many players never get a chance to see the NCAA tournament, he often gets his teams there only to perform worst than anyone other point this season. Effort wasn’t there. His teams seem emotionally exhausted by the time they reach the tournament.

Lost three in row to end the season, including the finale to a non-NIT team, at home, senior day.

One and done @ BTT to a non-NIT team.

One and done @ NCAA (again)

19-14 final record.

I'm still satisfied. Anyone else?

What does this move Frans NCAA record too? Too many players never get a chance to see the NCAA tournament, he often gets his teams there only to perform worst than anyone other point this season. Effort wasn’t there. His teams seem emotionally exhausted by the time they reach the tournament.
I agree with you about them being emotionally exhausted, Listening to Dolph the last couple weeks....every game he fits in the "they look tired"

Yep another disappointing display by Iowa. what’s coming in for help? Another crap recruiting class while other state schools have a lot of talent coming in. Fran,like Kirk, refuses to use the transfer porthole,can’t recruit so what’s to look forward to in the future

and you were suprised?

We played like shit all year away from carver... and auburn a good def team basically playing at home.

This looked bad on paper and played out how it looked.
No not at all if you read my posts. To paraphrase..

Pearle would give Iowa open looks and play scrum in the middle. He would force CM and PM TO SHOOT. He would force CM to create..or try. He would smother Murray and Flip. Iowa handicaps themselves on offense by really playing 4,3, or 2 on 5.

After watching the game Iowa only had 3 players that could compete but were smothered by odds. Murray, Sandfort and Ullis. Perkins couldn't really.

perspective for a moment - iowa fan should expect to lose anytime fran gets a team to the NCAA tournament. On average true? What a sorry take to talk about pre season expectations

Lost three in row to end the season, including the finale to a non-NIT team, at home, senior day.

One and done @ BTT to a non-NIT team.

One and done @ NCAA (again)

19-14 final record.

I'm still satisfied. Anyone else?
yeah, my point is I think most people thought this was going to be a .500 team.

I'm not saying I'm feeling satisfied... but I don't think anyone thought this team was going to make the postseason at the beginning of the year.

Fran has the most NCAA appearances without a Sweet 16…..

Fran Dunphy #1 at 17 and
Fran McCaffery #2 at 12