Per ESPN: A&M to SEC

bhawkn30

Title pretty much sums it up, but espn just said A&M will announce their move on Monday along with possibly Missouri.. Gonna get wild

The talk on ESPN is that they will immediately go to 16 teams by trying to add:

Texas A&M
Florida State
Missouri
Clemson

I am assuming the Big 1G and PAC 12 have done all their research in anticipation for this. This could get very interesting fast.

West to P12 with their regional style tv set up makes sense. OU, Texas, Okie State and BYU?

This is the sort of thing that will force Notre Dame to pick up the phone and call Delany.

ND, Rutgers, Pitt an Cuse? Maryland also big research school.

It will be interesting to see if the ACC will raid the Big East again after possibly losing two members.

You are going to hear tons of wild speculation as the media tries to break the real story. I just read on SI that the SEC will only go to 14 and not 16, but ESPN is saying Missouri, Clemson and FSU or some other school.

The only thing that seems certain at this point is A&M to the SEC, everything else is speculation and will change by 5pm today.

The wild speculation will be fun for a little while anyway. If I'm ISU, KU, K-State, or Baylor, I'm working the phones hard this weekend. ISU fans telling me they will be in Big East if Big 12 dissolves. There is a real chance we may find out.

The wild speculation will be fun for a little while anyway. If I'm ISU, KU, K-State, or Baylor, I'm working the phones hard this weekend. ISU fans telling me they will be in Big East if Big 12 dissolves. There is a real chance we may find out.

If I'm the Big East the only school I'd be interested in is KU.

The Big East is already arguably the best basketball league. Adding Kansas would be like putting the cherry on top.

Oklahoma doesn't fit BTN footprint. Texas is much more likely to join B10 than Oklahoma. Speculation is B10 wants to add ND, Missouri, Rutgers and Maryland. Gets them in St. Louis, NY/NJ, Baltimore markets in addition to the ND fan base.

It turns out I am looking totally wrong. I thought we'd have a few years of relative calmness before things went nuclear again. One thing, if they do go 16, I think it will all be quiet for a long time. Because we KNOW the Pac-12 will expand to 16. The ACC will probably have to expand again since some of their schools will get eaten. That leaves the Big East, which has almost zero chance of survival at that point since they already only have 9 football teams. I think we see the Big East dissolve into the "Catholic basketball league" which would be a pretty dang good basketball conference.

Regardless this sucks for ISU. Say what you want about the Big 12, it was a good regional fit for ISU. Even if the Big East manages to survive, likely the best case scenario for ISU is the MWC (which stretches all the way to San Diego) or the Big East or C-USA (which stretches all the way to Florida). ISU will have a lower athletic budget as well as greater travel costs... probably some programs will have to be cut and whatnot. ISU is just finally getting off the state budget dole which needed to happen. I'm bummed but we'll see how it all finally shakes out.

I've also seen North Carolina to SEC rumor. Maybe instead of FSU? Would UNC break away from Duke? Just don't see it, but nothing would surprise me I guess.

It turns out I am looking totally wrong. I thought we'd have a few years of relative calmness before things went nuclear again. One thing, if they do go 16, I think it will all be quiet for a long time. Because we KNOW the Pac-12 will expand to 16. The ACC will probably have to expand again since some of their schools will get eaten. That leaves the Big East, which has almost zero chance of survival at that point since they already only have 9 football teams. I think we see the Big East dissolve into the "Catholic basketball league" which would be a pretty dang good basketball conference.

Regardless this sucks for ISU. Say what you want about the Big 12, it was a good regional fit for ISU. Even if the Big East manages to survive, likely the best case scenario for ISU is the MWC (which stretches all the way to San Diego) or the Big East or C-USA (which stretches all the way to Florida). ISU will have a lower athletic budget as well as greater travel costs... probably some programs will have to be cut and whatnot. ISU is just finally getting off the state budget dole which needed to happen. I'm bummed but we'll see how it all finally shakes out.

I think the MW would be a great conference for ISU. But don't discount the CUSA or MAC, those are strong conferences too, with great histories and rich traditions.

I'd personally like to nab ND, Texas, Va.Tech and UNC. Oklahoma seems most likely headed to the Pac-10 or i'd replace UNC with them.

Let's be real. The MAC sucks. Dropping that far would absolutely screw ISU... we'd have absolutely no way to pay the bills and fan support would wither tremendously.

Any chance the B1G would be interested in the Oklahoma teams?

I highly doubt it.

The B1G already dropped their standards for Nebby. They would have to basically abandon them for the OK Schools.

I will be glad if this is actually happening. I really think that the major conferences need to go to 4 superconferences and force the schools that can't compete financially to roll back their programs to appropriate levels.

My dream is four superconferences broken into 8 divisions, which would basically make up the 8 teams vying for the NC.

Basically, if you can fill a 40,000 + stadium and have strong financial backing by boosters, you belong in the FBS. If not, you need to be in FCS.

If the SEC picks off Clemson and FSU, I expect the ACC to come after the teams the B1G has been rumored to be interested in the Little LEast (Pitt, Cuse, Rutgers?). That would mean the B1G would probably have to also look to poach from the ACC. Maybe Virginia and Maryland?

Am I the only one that thinks all of this is a bad thing for CFB? 12 team conf. Is a perfect number, why go to 16? This is just sick cuz all of this is only about money and the only schools that I see benefitting from this is the bigger more prestigious schools.
What's the point of having 16? Basically having two 8 team conferences within a conference, for the right to play for a BCS game, and you'd only play the teams in your division, hardly ever seeing teams from the other. How are the big boys that run these conferences not seeing that logic. Because they'd blinded by the dollar signs and it sickens me.
I'm concerned now as a hawk fan because lately we have been getting closer and closer from becoming a championship team, and if the B1G goes to sixteen, we may move farther away from our dream. You have all these big name schools in one conference, they're just ganna beat each other and leave a lot of good teams out of good bowls. And recruiting for Iowa will suffer because of this. Iowa will not be a top 15 or 20 team anymore if B1G goes B16, bad idea for all of this to be happening. No good will come out of it except for TV ratings and big buck$ for the big boy$.

Latest posts