Pepsico March Madness School Bottle Caps

Hahah I remember getting Iowa and being kinda pumped and kinda not. We used to trade these at lunch after everyone got their pop.

Does anyone remember what the prize was?

As a follow up I also think they should bring these back. We used to search all the bottles at school for lids.

Those things were awesome. I don't know if there is a trademark thing why they don't do it anymore but I know coca cola is one of the big sponsors of the tourney

I think one of my buddies won a hat or some other swag with that. I remember having like 200 caps and buying all the Mountain Dew you could get your hands on to try to get a Duke, North Carolina, etc.

I won a jersey one year. i think it was 97 when arizona won it. i remember it was a green polyester jersey with the final four logo on the front. it wasnt very cool. loved collecting the bottle caps though.

I won a jersey one year. i think it was 97 when arizona won it. i remember it was a green polyester jersey with the final four logo on the front. it wasnt very cool. loved collecting the bottle caps though.

This is exactly what it was that year. I had zona and they won. I was 12 and they sent me that jersey in XXXL. It was hideous and about 7x bigger than me.

But if you remember, you could look under the cap before you bought it and could see the team which made it not as fun, but gave us better odds. Back when they used to have FREE 20oz on the cap we could find that one and get a free one every time - granted they had to have one in stock in the cooler, but it worked.

This is exactly what it was that year. I had zona and they won. I was 12 and they sent me that jersey in XXXL. It was hideous and about 7x bigger than me.

But if you remember, you could look under the cap before you bought it and could see the team which made it not as fun, but gave us better odds. Back when they used to have FREE 20oz on the cap we could find that one and get a free one every time - granted they had to have one in stock in the cooler, but it worked.

Great childhood memories. Like Stormin said, this is the reason we will all have diabetes lol.

I used to do that with baseball cards when Topps had the wrappers you could see through. Search through the box, look at the top and bottom card and find the pack you want. Of course, that was before it cost you $4.00 for 8 cards...

Forgot about those. Id get about 4 bottles of Mountain Dew per day at Caseys and always end up with Middle Tennessee State or someone like that.

I remember those. I think I won a Final Four hat once. I was pretty pumped.
photo.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts