Penn State lost to officiating last night

ugh he's the worst POS in all officiating. I used to hate ed hightower but then Joe West took the mantle and ran off with it.
He's a POS, but a consistent one. He can be as big a POS in the ninth inning, or extra innings, as he is in the first. You would NEVER have to worry about him swallowing a whistle when there's a game deciding call to make.

He's a POS, but a consistent one. He can be as big a POS in the ninth inning, or extra innings, as he is in the first. You would NEVER have to worry about him swallowing a whistle when there's a game deciding call to make.

I was at the Yankee-Cub 18 inning game a couple of years ago. This actually happened ... and I took part. :)

Looks like there might be some merit to it.

In Iowa's case: I thought the Illinois game was even more physical than the MSU game.
And then Minnesota was the 3rd game in 7 days.

It's not an excuse for how Iowa played; it's an observation. Just like one could make an observation about MSU's play the last couple of games in context of their schedule.

Yes, part of Iowa's success is getting to the line to pick up 15 extra uncontested points. When the refs aren't calling the physical play or as tight as before, this hurts Iowa and they end up like what happened at Minnesota. But, just a little better on defense and that game outcome would have been different as well.

Iowa shouldn't expect to have to get to the line to win, but, in the past up until this point, it has been a large part of their team game.

Looks like there might be some merit to it.

In Iowa's case: I thought the Illinois game was even more physical than the MSU game.
And then Minnesota was the 3rd game in 7 days.

It's not an excuse for how Iowa played; it's an observation. Just like one could make an observation about MSU's play the last couple of games in context of their schedule.

Great observation. Totally agree. I thought IL played pretty physical and that's their style. From what I'd seen another game or two of them that's just how they play. But they aren't very deep and if the refs put them in foul trouble (like they did against us) they'll get in trouble fast. Not to mention we shot out of our minds against them. So you add that we'd played 3 games in a week all against physical teams it adds up. Especially against the group we have.

Latest posts