Penn State Destroys Iowa

We all know what the most glaring problem is. Nobody even has to say it.

This game is. This was our recruiting blitz. This was the make or break week of the year . . . both for the season and for the future. We just lost our LT, possibly our RG, our QB has lost every ounce of ability he showed last year and has become one of the worst QBs in college football, our WRs are slower than Moses in the Sinai except the ones that don't get to play, our DL is physically outmatched, our LBs are either too slow or too small, we can't keep a starting 4 DB on the field, our kicker just missed 2 in a row, our punting game is below average, our punt returns are bad, and we just decided to put a fast player back to return kicks in the last two games. Our offensive scheme is a really bad mixture, the running plays and passing plays don't mesh well, and we have absolutely no clock control, especially at the end of games, although we routinely run out the play clock for no reason in the middle of drives.

Other than that we are good to go.

This game is. This was our recruiting blitz. This was the make or break week of the year . . . both for the season and for the future. We just lost our LT, possibly our RG, our QB has lost every ounce of ability he showed last year and has become one of the worst QBs in college football, our WRs are slower than Moses in the Sinai except the ones that don't get to play, our DL is physically outmatched, our LBs are either too slow or too small, we can't keep a starting 4 DB on the field, our kicker just missed 2 in a row, our punting game is below average, our punt returns are bad, and we just decided to put a fast player back to return kicks in the last two games. Our offensive scheme is a really bad mixture, the running plays and passing plays don't mesh well, and we have absolutely no clock control, especially at the end of games, although we routinely run out the play clock for no reason in the middle of drives.

The O schemes are fine. Unfortunately, every other freaking statement you made is dead-nuts accurate.

[video=youtube;zMRrNY0pxfM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM[/video]

The O schemes are fine. Unfortunately, every other freaking statement you made is dead-nuts accurate.

I personally think that we have a little bit of an identity crisis going on on O. There is little doubt by the way we line up whether we are going to run or pass. I think we are better off with GD's scheme in the long run (there have been big plays left on the field all season because of QB issues), but we need to work some more runs from shotgun in to keep em guessing.

We have no offense period, and had no defense tonight either. So disappointing to where I'm up 4 hours after the embarrassment still confused. Wishn I would've stayed home for this 1

You can't run from the shotgun!!! That's crazy talk!!!
Right? We can throw it from shotgun, but to run it we must have at least either 2 TE or 1 TE and 1 FB and our HB must be at least 8 yds behind the line of scrimmage directly behind the QB. Thems the rules of football.

I can't imagine any recruit wanting to commit after yesterday's disaster. Besides the booing there was the scoreboard and the sight of a Scherff being brought off the field. And then shortly afterwards Donnal hobbled off. Those recruits wanted to see a football game not a warzone.

I can't imagine any recruit wanting to commit after yesterday's disaster. Besides the booing there was the scoreboard and the sight of a Scherff being brought off the field. And then shortly afterwards Donnal hobbled off. Those recruits wanted to see a football game not a warzone.

And if that isn't enough, you learn that no matter how poorly the starter ahead of you is performing, you will not get a shot.

A crushing defeat in front of recruits is actually a good thing. Here's the line:

"See how bad we are? You have an chance to start immediately. We need you here.
With you here we can go to a bowl game. Yes, we can."

j/k

So maybe a series?...just one series with Rudock?.....come aaaaaawn.....just so we get a look at him.

I kind of wish I didn't have a DVR because I'm finding myself rewinding EVERY pass play, looking down field and seeing missed opportunities whether it's open receivers, watching forced throws being brought on by ghost pressure or this one, which kills me...hurried throws to the 3 yrd out when the other receivers have not even gotten halfway through their routes....I mean let the play develop!!!!

Jon, good article..sucks you had to write it though..

Mike Hlas makes a good point in his recent narrative about the degree of change PSU has incurred in the past year and look at how that transition is translating onto the field thus far. Consider how our transition appears in comparison.

Flush this game out of your minds, move on to the next.

I remember having the same feeling after Arizona State in 2004. Iowa was completely dominated.

Penn State caught Iowa napping. Sloppy play, lazy efforts, more poor execution. Even our kicker was out to lunch.

Flush this one down the toilet.

You will not beat anybody with a QB playing as poorly as Vandy is unless you have an all time elite defense, which we don't.

I am already dreading having to face all those huskers fans the Monday after they massacre us in Iowa City. Depressing.

You will not beat anybody with a QB playing as poorly as Vandy is unless you have an all time elite defense, which we don't.
Some great mind has said that in college football you can't hide your QB.

So maybe a series?...just one series with Rudock?.....come aaaaaawn.....just so we get a look at him.

I kind of wish I didn't have a DVR because I'm finding myself rewinding EVERY pass play, looking down field and seeing missed opportunities whether it's open receivers, watching forced throws being brought on by ghost pressure or this one, which kills me...hurried throws to the 3 yrd out when the other receivers have not even gotten halfway through their routes....I mean let the play develop!!!!

Jon, good article..sucks you had to write it though..

If only our QB looked down field.