Penn State Destroys Iowa

Flush this game out of your minds, move on to the next.

I remember having the same feeling after Arizona State in 2004. Iowa was completely dominated.

Penn State caught Iowa napping. Sloppy play, lazy efforts, more poor execution. Even our kicker was out to lunch.

Flush this one down the toilet.

We already flushed the ISU and CMU games down the toilet, it's starting to get clogged because these have all been massive terds.

Laying a giant turd in front of 30 recruits was the worst part of last night. We had 10 or 15 recruits in town in town for ISU and 30 for Penn State. We didn't have a good showing for either game. It's laughable really.

We already flushed the ISU and CMU games down the toilet, it's starting to get clogged because these have all been massive terds.

Can't argue with you one bit.

Just got to flush this one away. If your toilet is clogged from the other big turds from earlier this year, you might need a better toilet.

This game is. This was our recruiting blitz. This was the make or break week of the year . . . both for the season and for the future. We just lost our LT, possibly our RG, our QB has lost every ounce of ability he showed last year and has become one of the worst QBs in college football, our WRs are slower than Moses in the Sinai except the ones that don't get to play, our DL is physically outmatched, our LBs are either too slow or too small, we can't keep a starting 4 DB on the field, our kicker just missed 2 in a row, our punting game is below average, our punt returns are bad, and we just decided to put a fast player back to return kicks in the last two games. Our offensive scheme is a really bad mixture, the running plays and passing plays don't mesh well, and we have absolutely no clock control, especially at the end of games, although we routinely run out the play clock for no reason in the middle of drives.

Other than that we are good to go.

See, like I said, we just need to clean a couple things up.

The line that made me groan out loud: "with close to 30 recruits on hand, Iowa’s biggest in season recruiting weekend of the year."

Mom & Dad, I'm fired up to commit to Iowa right now...

That was brutal. I cringe in the stands when our fans boo. It is almost a natural reaction. You boo at something that is bad, and we were worse than bad. Yet I never boo our team. Never will.

Let's hope the coaches can spin this loss somehow for the recruits. See how bad we need you? Or instant playing time. Even tho most logical recruits should know that playing right away almost never happens in all programs. Especially ours, where the head man refuses to substitute....

We all know the problem. I make my 8 year old daughter watch the games with me. When she looked and me and asked "daddy, to the Hawkeyes practice before games?" I couldn't answer her. Sad.

I remember having the same feeling after Arizona State in 2004. Iowa was completely dominated.

Penn State caught Iowa napping. Sloppy play, lazy efforts, more poor execution. Even our kicker was out to lunch.

I thought the same thing after the loss to Iowa State and Central Michigan.

Iowa is running out of flushes. Losing at home is becoming a trend. In 2004 Iowa had a QB that could throw. This year Iowa doesn't.

You guys are overreacting about the recruits. Almost all recruits love to see the home team get boo'd off the field and pelted with towels as they leave for the locker room at halftime.

All is well.

So Im suffrin through the 2nd half just wonderin why when we have already lost starters and the game is lost, we continue to keep our starters in. reminds me when we were up on MSU by 30 a few years ago and A-Rob got his bell rung ,when he should have resting on the bench.

I dont believe that when your this bad...not the the best players. These kids want to win right away. They aren't willing to wait

QUOTE=DDThompson;944978]A crushing defeat in front of recruits is actually a good thing. Here's the line:

"See how bad we are? You have an chance to start immediately. We need you here.
With you here we can go to a bowl game. Yes, we can."

j/k[/QUOTE]

You guys are overreacting about the recruits. Almost all recruits love to see the home team get boo'd off the field and pelted with towels as they leave for the locker room at halftime.

All is well.

I'm sure they they also love to see the team they are considering playing for down 38-0 at one point in a prime time game on their home field. That goes a long way towards impressing recruits as well. Last night was ugly no matter how you slice it.

After seven games, you get closer and closer to 'being what you are'. This Iowa team is a bad offensive ball club; there's simply no other way to put it.

More...

Jon

I agree, very well written summary. Stop Iowa's running attack and we lack the playmakers or schemes to beat a decent team. Hope I'm wrong but I think Hawkeye football and basketball may be going in opposite directions. If the Hawkeyes finish with 7 wins this season I will be shocked! Time to give Ruddock a shot.

Why is this thread that was originally posted in 2012 and the last post (before mine) in 2012 showing up on the board? Was James Franklin even the coach of PSU in 2012?

Is this thread just another, albeit clandestine, 'dig-thread-job' against Davis? I suspect so. Oh by the way, Northwestern just scored a total of 7 points against Wisky. Boy, their offense must be worse than Iowa's....

Last edited:

The toilet flush happened, already with the NDSU.
Then, we were told to flush the Northwestern game.
The toilet just overflowed with the Penn State loss. with $h!t on the floor.

Latest posts