Penn State Destroys Iowa

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
After seven games, you get closer and closer to 'being what you are'. This Iowa team is a bad offensive ball club; there's simply no other way to put it.

More...

This team has the usual average Oline... and a below average quarterback. Our starting tight end is probably the most overrated player in Iowa fooball history.

Jon, you can go ahead and substitute Northwestern for Penn State and use the same story next Saturday.

This team has the usual average Oline... and a below average quarterback. Our starting tight end is probably the most overrated player in Iowa fooball history.

why would you say he is overrated? It isn't CFed's fault that he is not being used. He only had a handful of targets this game

What can he do? Half the time he is open, JVB won't get him the ball. It's easy to call him overrated, but I don't know what CJF can accomplish with a QB who is struggling like this.

The line that made me groan out loud: "with close to 30 recruits on hand, Iowa’s biggest in season recruiting weekend of the year."

Mom & Dad, I'm fired up to commit to Iowa right now...

I appreciate the frustration boiling beneath the surface in this piece. Thank you for saying it like it is, as opposed to how we'd all like it to be.

The line that made me groan out loud: "with close to 30 recruits on hand, Iowa’s biggest in season recruiting weekend of the year."

Yup, no need for NCAA sactions, we just sactioned ourselves. Worse than the death penalty.

why would you say he is overrated? It isn't CFed's fault that he is not being used. He only had a handful of targets this game

That's because he is overrated, it's not his fault fans have put the expectation of being the next "Gronk". People were talking about him leaving for the NFL after this year, he probably won't even be drafted, he really isn't that good.

I agree. But that was before Scherff went down. That hurts bad. If Donnal is out, too. We will be lucky to be average at OL.

If it's true that Scherff has a broken leg, that's better than a destroyed knee. Might as well shut him down anyway, this season is a lost cause.

I knew when Sherff broke his leg there was no way Iowa would win without a PSU turnoverfest.

2012-October-20-22-29-13.jpg

Latest posts