Penn st, ncaa sanctions?

by covering this up, it kept Paterno and PSU at the top of the heap for many, many years. after paterno found out about it initially, and nothing was done, then he was in cover-mode to protect his backside from legal action.

so in a round about way, yes.

PSU will get hammered by civil lawsuits.

I won't pretend to know all the facts and time tables but if Joe Pa knew of the abuse while the sandman was still an assistant coach that is where Paternal fell way short. Being head coach he could have and should have fire the gland man immediately and it would have been best for Penn State at that point to announce publicly that an investigation is under wear, I mean way. But Noooo, they thought they could just cover their behinds by hiding it in the closet, I mean basement, I mean showers, I mean motel rooms, I mean sports complexes.......... I think I am going to puke.

On a brighter side isn't it great to be a Hawkeye!!!

Last edited:
They have to change their name to Brokeback State University:D

thumbnail.aspx

They should get hit hard for this..Death penalty time.. Come on, if we can't protect our kids from monsters like this because it would give our program a black eye.. WTF?? They should get kicked out of the Big10. This cannot be allowed to happen again.

They should get hit hard for this..Death penalty time.. Come on, if we can't protect our kids from monsters like this because it would give our program a black eye.. WTF?? They should get kicked out of the Big10. This cannot be allowed to happen again.

Punish those who are responsible.
That means the people and their positions, not the program. The football program didn't commit these sick ******* crimes. One sick ******* piece of **** did, and certain people let him get away with it basically. So punish those people involved accordingly and extremely..........
You really think they'd ever hand out the death penalty again?

Punish those who are responsible.
That means the people and their positions, not the program. The football program didn't commit these sick ******* crimes. One sick ******* piece of **** did, and certain people let him get away with it basically. So punish those people involved accordingly and extremely..........
You really think they'd ever hand out the death penalty again?

LOOK AT THE REASON THAT THIS WAS COVERED UP BY THE ADMINISTRATION...IT WAS TO PROTECT THE PRECIOUS IMAGE OF PENN STATE FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND PATERNO. Too bad for kids. If there was ever a reason for a program to get the death penalty ,this is it. If these monsters did this to your kid and got away with it for all these years to hurt other kids.. What is your stance????

LOOK AT THE REASON THAT THIS WAS COVERED UP BY THE ADMINISTRATION...IT WAS TO PROTECT THE PRECIOUS IMAGE OF PENN STATE FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND PATERNO. Too bad for kids. If there was ever a reason for a program to get the death penalty ,this is it. If these monsters did this to your kid and got away with it for all these years to hurt other kids.. What is your stance????

CAPS-LOCK TIME....

SO GET RID OF EVERY SINGLE MOTHER****ER WHO WAS INVOLVED IN ANY ******* WAY SHAPE OR FORM......NO EXCEPTIONS NO EXCUSES...TAKE THEM ALL OUT AND INSTALL NEW ADMINISTRATION/STAFF...AND KEEP THEM UNDER THE ******* MICROSCOPE FROM HERE ON...........
GET IT?

IF THEY EVER DID THIS TO KIDS OF MINE, I'D WANT THEIR HEADS. BUT I WOULDN'T THINK IT'S THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM'S FAULT, I'D THINK IT THE PEOPLE(CONSCIOUS BEINGS WHO CAN BE HELD RESPONSIBLE) RUNNING THE PROGRAM'S FAULT.....

IT'D BE EASY FOR EMOTIONS TO FLY ALL OVER PLACE AND CLOUD MINE OR ANYONE ELSE'S THOUGHTS.
BUT THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM PLAYING GAMES ON A REGULAR BASIS ISN'T A SUPER VICTORY FOR ******* RAPIST PEDOPHILES........

HOE DOES DISMANTLING THEIR FOOTBALL PROGRAM RESULT IN JUSTICE FOR THE VICTIMS?
JUST CAUSE IT HAPPENS TO BE THE REASON(IMAGE PROTECTION AND WHATNOT) THAT IT TOOK SO LONG FOR LIGHT TO BE SHED ON THE CRIMES????
PEOPLE ARE THE REASON THIS HAPPENED. PUNISH THE ******* PEOPLE, SEVERELY.
THAT'S JUST MY TAKE I GUESS.

I won't pretend to know all the facts and time tables but if Joe Pa knew of the abuse while the sandman was still an assistant coach that is where Paternal fell way short. Being head coach he could have and should have fire the gland man immediately and it would have been best for Penn State at that point to announce publicly that an investigation is under wear, I mean way. But Noooo, they thought they could just cover their behinds by hiding it in the closet, I mean basement, I mean showers, I mean motel rooms, I mean sports complexes.......... I think I am going to puke.

On a brighter side isn't it great to be a Hawkeye!!!

of course he knew. there is a reason 'sandman' 'left the program'.

and there is no coincidences as to the quick demise of paterno.

I think it's feasible Penn State will receive the death penalty and not compete for a year. The NCAA is launching its investigation, as is the school (led by former FBI Director Louis Freeh).

The details we've read thus far have been focused on establishing guilt with Sandusky. With these additional, broad investigations now taking place, who knows what we'll find out. The facts that emerged from the Sandusky trial already display a lack of institutional control. It's also pretty evident that there have been rumors of Sandusky's behavior for years, even on message boards.

We've probably heard the ugliest details already in terms of the crimes committed. But over the next year or two we'll be hearing the ugliest details from the university's standpoint.

This was a cover-up perpetuated by the university's highest officials, including the head football coach and at least one member of his staff. The cover-up was to protect the image of the school, and specifically the image of the football program. The crime being covered-up was the rape of a young boy, and the consequence of the cover-up is that other boys were likely sexually abused.

It does not get any worse.

No. The NCAA's role is to regulate their members adherence to the NCAA handbook rules. This is a criminal matter. The state of PA.'s role is to enforce state statutes.

The whole problem was made worse by some individuals not going to law enforcement authorities in the first place...those charged with enforcing state laws...not NCAA rules.

If the NCAA opens this pandora's box, then they would need to start looking at schools with any coaches or athletes involved in law-breaking...where would it stop?

PSU is going to pay a huge price in prestige,reputation, and of course hundreds of millions in dollars to victims and lawyers...not like they are getting off.

I think it's feasible Penn State will receive the death penalty and not compete for a year. The NCAA is launching its investigation, as is the school (led by former FBI Director Louis Freeh).

The details we've read thus far have been focused on establishing guilt with Sandusky. With these additional, broad investigations now taking place, who knows what we'll find out. The facts that emerged from the Sandusky trial already display a lack of institutional control. It's also pretty evident that there have been rumors of Sandusky's behavior for years, even on message boards.

We've probably heard the ugliest details already in terms of the crimes committed. But over the next year or two we'll be hearing the ugliest details from the university's standpoint.

This was a cover-up perpetuated by the university's highest officials, including the head football coach and at least one member of his staff. The cover-up was to protect the image of the school, and specifically the image of the football program. The crime being covered-up was the rape of a young boy, and the consequence of the cover-up is that other boys were likely sexually abused.

It does not get any worse.

Right, a great many things could be uncovered yet....
Still, I don't see it as an excuse to kill the program. If anything, I would think they'd suspend the whole "operation" until they can clear out all the details and determine just what all is and was happening within the ranks.

Oh and it could be A LOT worse. It's ******* horrid, don't get me wrong. The only thing I can see that makes it possible to be worse, is the fact that he didn't murder any victims....that we know of............

The question is whether NCAA can punish a member institution for something it doesn't have any regulations on. Lack of institutional control is usually used when there are recruiting violations or improper benefits to players and the coaches and administration knew about it and failed to do anything. This doesn't involve oversight of players obviously, it doesn't involve recruiting or improper benefits etc.
Correct me if I am wrong but the NCAA doesn't punish schools for a player or coach getting into legal trouble. Therefor I find it hard to believe they have any basis for penalizing PSU.

I don't believe the NCAA can do anything. It may try to but I don't see how it would hold up.

The NCAA's hands may be tied.....but without reading the actual by-laws of the conference's handbook, I've got to believe that there's something the Big 10 could do vis-a-vis Penn State if there is concrete, substantial evidence that Penn State's top administrators (President, AD, etc) knew what was going on, but did nothing/covered it up.

The reason for the cover up was the football program's prestige. They didn't care about the kids. Disgusting. I hate the fact PSU is member school. Makes the stuff that goes on in the SEC look like innocent.

No. The NCAA's role is to regulate their members adherence to the NCAA handbook rules. This is a criminal matter. The state of PA.'s role is to enforce state statutes.

The whole problem was made worse by some individuals not going to law enforcement authorities in the first place...those charged with enforcing state laws...not NCAA rules.

If the NCAA opens this pandora's box, then they would need to start looking at schools with any coaches or athletes involved in law-breaking...where would it stop?

PSU is going to pay a huge price in prestige,reputation, and of course hundreds of millions in dollars to victims and lawyers...not like they are getting off.

We'll see. We do know the NCAA is investigating. We also know the NCAA president (Emmert) has called the investigation "uncharted territory."

Don't forget that Sandusky was also using his perks and benefits as a coach/retired coach of an NCAA institution - giving the victims tickets to football games and Penn State merchandise - partly as a way to keep victims quiet about the felonies he was committing. And using his position as a coach/former coach to access these kids. And committing the felonies in the Penn State locker room and at bowl games.

And that the leadership at this NCAA institution - including the top leadership within the football program and the athletic department - allowed it to happen.

I'd understand your argument about Pandora's box if this was an isolated incident of one coach committing a crime independently.

However, the situation at Penn State appears to be a vast, long-running cover-up of some of the most heinous crimes possible. Pandora's box is already in Happy Valley. It's open. And the NCAA is wading into the mess.

Maybe. Don't forget that their former A.D. is under criminal indictment for obstructing an investigation.If he's found guilty and it's proved that he did it to protect Penn State and/or the football program,the NCAA will drop the hammer.

This has nothing to do with the NCAA's jurisdiction. Golfer was right, those involved are going to be looking at criminal charges if they were indeed covering it up. NCAA should stay out of this.

This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This
This

If you aren't clear about who has jurisdiction you end up with this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLvGnro4Cgw]Frankenstein (7/8) Movie CLIP - The Torch-Wielding Mob (1931) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Latest posts