Pemsl Waiver Approved

RobHowe

Administrator
UI Press Release

IOWA CITY, Iowa --
University of Iowa junior forward Cordell Pemsl’s hardship waiver petition has been approved by the Big Ten Conference.

Pemsl (6-foot-8, 230 pounds) will have two years of men’s basketball eligibility remaining after playing a total of 29 minutes in two nonconference games last season (UMKC, Iowa State). The native of Dubuque, Iowa, underwent season-ending surgery on Dec. 18, 2018, to remove hardware near his knee from a previous surgery when he was in high school. Pemsl has played in 68 career games, averaging 7.2 points and 4.7 rebounds per contest.

Pemsl is the second Hawkeye in as many years to receive a hardship waiver (Connor McCaffery in 2018).

Great news. The kid has had some tough injuries but let's hope he can get and stay healthy and have two productive years.

This helps, big time, first for Cordell and second for the team the next two years. Not a super star, but a die hard Hawkeye with good leadership qualities and a fine role player who could transform into a starter.

By the time he's done as a Hawkeye he's going to seem like he was here even longer than Jess Settles. He was here before Wiescamp and Garza and may be here after they're gone. He began his career playing with Peter Jok. He may end it playing with Evan Braun, just to throw one name out there off the top of my head.

I do realize it was only a few minutes this year , but Cordell was very impressive against the clones , really hoping he will heal up and be able to play at that level this year ,

My wife and I are going to Nashville in July with seven other couples, most of whom have had their kids play high school sports together the last seven or eight years.

Will you be the Maine attraction? :D

giphy.gif

I spent a week in York (far SE coast) last year. Family rented a house fronting the Atlantic

Had a great time. Found a brew pub on a day trip to Portland that has an interesting triple IPA. Two of those and my sister had to drive us back.....

Enjoy!

Latest posts