Pemsl needs some confidence.

then that makes pemsl our 3rd string center. and that makes him valuable how? because he is a center, as you point out, and because he's behind garza and kriener on the depth chart, he needs to play the 4 if he wants minutes. so, what does he need to do to be an effective 4? consistently making the 15 ft jumper, while still being able to play around the rim. i'm sure you would agree with this, right? i mean, pemsl definitely is no 3, so his only options are the 4 and 5. he needs to lose some weight in order to play defense as a 4. he looks to have lost some mobility, i'm thinking it's due to his surgery and his lack of ability to properly train.
Or it simply means he’s not good enough to get minutes on this team. Not every guy on scholarships is required to play. The jump shot isn’t there, the footspeed isn’t there at the 4. I mean I’m not so sure he couldn’t compete with Kriener for center minutes. Both have their certain skills in my book but I think Pemsl is a little more basketball savvy. I can’t stand Kriener’s turnovers.

I’ve mentioned on other occasions that Pemsl might be better suited for the mid major level. I think he could really excel at that level.

If he’s not getting minutes at the 4 it means we need to slide Wieskamp down there some. Or Pat maybe even Connor. It’s less than ideal but that’s the roster Fran has constructed. The game of basketball is going smaller and quicker and our 4 men are going to continue to get exposed defensively.

Or it simply means he’s not good enough to get minutes on this team. Not every guy on scholarships is required to play. The jump shot isn’t there, the footspeed isn’t there at the 4. I mean I’m not so sure he couldn’t compete with Kriener for center minutes. Both have their certain skills in my book but I think Pemsl is a little more basketball savvy. I can’t stand Kriener’s turnovers.

I’ve mentioned on other occasions that Pemsl might be better suited for the mid major level. I think he could really excel at that level.

If he’s not getting minutes at the 4 it means we need to slide Wieskamp down there some. Or Pat maybe even Connor. It’s less than ideal but that’s the roster Fran has constructed. The game of basketball is going smaller and quicker and our 4 men are going to continue to get exposed defensively.

i think a lot of folks were surprised when pemsl didn't transfer. i agree. but, since he hasn't, my point is that his best chance for PT is the jumper out to 15 and playing the 4.

i think a lot of folks were surprised when pemsl didn't transfer. i agree. but, since he hasn't, my point is that his best chance for PT is the jumper out to 15 and playing the 4.
Fran is going to play him regardless, my point being that’s just not an ideal spot for him. The injuries have been a factor but again you can basically mark from the moment Garza came in, to the decline in Pemsl’s play.

Pemsl needs to transfer if he wants to play much. He's just not very good. He can box out and get some rebounds. Set screens and that's about it. I'm not sure if playing 10-12 mins a game with only being asked to do those two things is what he wants but that's what he'll be doing if he stays

Pemsl needs to transfer if he wants to play much. He's just not very good. He can box out and get some rebounds. Set screens and that's about it. I'm not sure if playing 10-12 mins a game with only being asked to do those two things is what he wants but that's what he'll be doing if he stays
Last night was a perfect example. Pemsl caught the ball out on the perimeter and just looked lost. His defender sagging way off of him. He tried one time to back his guy down from the three point line and take on a double team but just got swatted. He took a mid range shot and clanked it. Like is said I like Pemsl and his hard nosed attitude but sometimes there just isn’t a role for everyone.

Last night was a perfect example. Pemsl caught the ball out on the perimeter and just looked lost. His defender sagging way off of him. He tried one time to back his guy down from the three point line and take on a double team but just got swatted. He took a mid range shot and clanked it. Like is said I like Pemsl and his hard nosed attitude but sometimes there just isn’t a role for everyone.

He has a role now, if he is willing to accept it. 10-15 minutes off the bench, play defense, rebound, and get on the floor for loose balls. Every team needs this guy who is willing to do this. However, if the Hawks go small more often (like I wish they would do), he may not have a role.

Yeah he's a tough nosed kid. But how large of a role can you give a player that has such a limited skill set? I mean if his D and rebounding were of for hyperbole sake on a Dennis Rodman level then sure you'd love having him. But he's not that impactful and the more mins he plays he tends to be more of a liability and it's 4 on 5 offensively.

I liked Pemsl better as an undersized 4 with a lot of junk in the trunk his freshman year. He was pretty skilled around the basket and brought an edge down low that allowed him to play against bigger/taller guys. I thought it was a real mistake having him lose a bunch of weight so he could play the 3 instead. Sometimes you just have to embrace who you are.

All things aside I think he would have been one of the best players on the Lickliter teams and likely the starting center.

That’s a compliment to Fran by the way. Frans got us out of the gorge and on the path again. Just hoping he can now help us find the highway.

I will be shocked if Pemsl shoots above 55 percent from the charity stripe this year . Huge liability on offense

The thing that bothers me about Pemsl is for some reason he thinks he's Magic Johnson with passing. I'm not sure what the hell he's doing with these passes but it seems like every time he touches the ball he's looking to make a highlight real pass. If I was Fran I'd tell him to knock that shit off or he's not getting in the game.

The thing is, he's actually decent at it. He's just nowhere near good enough at it to justify doing it.

Latest posts