Pearl comments on Iowa

Re: Pearle comments on Iowa

Can we get a quote for those of us who can't access youtube at work??

My volume doesn't work on my pc.

However, I pride myself on my lipreading abilities and distinctly saw him say "I am going to IOWA BABY!!!"

"Once you're a Hawkeye, you're always a Hawkeye."

"Look at what they're doing in football. ... They have great fans. ... It's a very attractive job. It's a great job."

Pearl ultimately says that he wouldn't be where he was at without Iowa/Tom Davis playing a big role in his life. He says that Iowa is a "Great Job" and that we need to continue to improve the Facilities & recruit great talent.

Is it just me or did it seem he struggled for the right words and had a ****-eating grin on his face the whole time? Very interesting interview....

Some kind words by Bruce, nothing in that interview indicated any interest in the job though. For those still clinging to hope that he is coming here, I think it's time to turn the page.

Nothing of substance to see here. Move along. Just comments about how Iowa made him who he is today, thinks the coaching vacancy is a very attractive position (in general), and "once a Hawkeye, always a Hawkeye. Great friends there, still stays in touch with Mr. Davis, etc."

Bottom line from the video for those who can't listen is that Pearl had alot of good things to say about Iowa City and still has friends there, including Mr. Davis (who stays in touch with), and said it was a great job and attractive nationally when asked if he thought it was attractive to the coaching community. He also said he wouldn't be at Tennesse if it wasn't for Iowa.

Oh yeah, and "Once a Hawkeye, always a Hawkeye".

Pearl took off before anybody could ask him if anybody from Iowa has contacted him, or at least that's what I suspected was coming next..

Nothing but good things to say about U of Iowa, Iowa City, once a Hawkeye, always a Hawkeye
Wow

Latest posts