Payton Sandfort

suisu

Why won't anyone say it? Payton Sandfort should be a starter on this team. He scores more points per minute played than all but Kris and maybe Rebaca?

Why won't anyone say it? Payton Sandfort should be a starter on this team. He scores more points per minute played than all but Kris and maybe Rebaca?
He played terribly when he was in the starting lineup. Seems to play better coming off the bench for whatever reason. He’s a spark from the bench and imo, it’s been effective move by coach.

that said, dudes already a legend

He played terribly when he was in the starting lineup. Seems to play better coming off the bench for whatever reason. He’s a spark from the bench and imo, it’s been effective move by coach.

He may not start, but he frequently finishes. We don't win Michigan or @Rutgers or Illinois without him either.

Between Indiana, Michigan, Illinois and yesterday, its been a pretty good year to have season tickets at CHA. I tried to get to the Maryland and Rutgers games but had schedule conflicts. And those two games were mundane by comparison. Wisconsin at Carver was also a good game until it ended badly.

It would be awesome if Hawks could somehow land in Des Moines. Of course Iowa State fans would probably show up just to root for the other team.

What games did he start?

One game where the played scrum Wisconsin and the NBA bound team ate was out as I think was Ullis. He was about the only shooter

Do you have any bb IQ?

Overall, I have to agree with PS being a starter. He can always be 1st to the bench if he's slumping or doing dumb things and it's pretty quick to know whem he's on or not. Regardless, I'd much rather roll the dice with him on the floor than P-Mac any game of the week. Between those 2, he's a better defender, rebounder, penetrator, passer and shooter.

I'm not sure there's any correlation between him starting and playing terrible.

One game where the played scrum Wisconsin and the NBA bound team ate was out as I think was Ullis. He was about the only shooter

Do you have any bb IQ?
Without knowing him at all, I am confident that his basketball IQ is not as high as yours. No one's is. Sort of like Anakin Skywalker's midi-chlorian count. HawkGold's basketball IQ is "off the chart!"

Do you have any bb IQ?
You can question my BB IQ but after this incoherent message, I question your IQ in general.

This and ya can't start everybody. He's still a young player. Right now consistency is probably the best as they know their roles and are comfortable with it. In addition, there is something said to be able to bring in players or shooters and not have a fall off. Sometimes Iowa's second rotation outperforms the opposing team. I mean, I view him as a starter because he plays like one, he just doesn't start on this team now. He'd be the first to tell ya, that is fine.

This is college, big boy basketball with very many skilled players. This isn't like junior high or high school where being a starter is the only thing in the players and parents eyes.

I mean, it isn't like he riding the pine. He's playing and playing well with many minutes.

Last edited:

Latest posts