Paul Rhoads sent Kirk a text asking for some spending $$

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
last week. Kirk said that Paul should have sent it to his wife, like all the others...that his allowance is up to $20 a week.

I know that there is often coach speak prior to games. But I truly believe that these 2 guys truly like each other.

Rhoads seems like a good coach and, overall, a good guy. I think he will do good things for ISU.

Hopefully, even though they may like each other off the field, KF won't hesitate to put an a$$-whooping on him ;) :)

thanks hawk--i figured as such, all in all-- glad to see that both coaches are classy and can have a sense of humor with each other---

that said, i hope there is an added sense of humor with KF putting the beat down on little brother..... i F-N hate this game! no need to rehash the obvious, but a loose-loose for iowa--- all we have to do is just win---take care of business boys!

Paul Rhoads is getting in the way of my intense dislike of ISU.

I agree. I hate ISU like nobodies business but Rhoads is too nice of a guy. I have cousins that live in the same North Ames neighborhood that Rhoads lives on. My dad went over to visit them about a month ago and Rhoads was out doing some yard work. They had a conversation and when my dad told him he was a Hawk fan Rhoads offered him a couple of tickets in one of the boxes to the opening game against NIU. Rhoads told him to come to the games and maybe they could get him to change his stance on ISU.

Honestly, I think he's a coach in the same mold as Kirk Ferentz. LOVES his program with a passion and believes the road to success is player development. He's a bit more outgoing perhaps, but like KF...lives for his players both on and off the field.

This one still brings a tear to my eye!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcKiMy0Gp4]YouTube - Iowa State postgame lockeroom celebration vs. Nebraska (10-24-09)[/ame]

wonder how many more times i'll have to see this speech my god
No kidding. Thats enough. Something about a coach that runs up and down the field screaming like a little girl that bugs me. It is kinda sad that a win over Nebraska (during a bit of a downturn in their history) brings the head coach to tears. What would happen if they were to beat OU or Texas? Wet pants?

No kidding. Thats enough. Something about a coach that runs up and down the field screaming like a little girl that bugs me. It is kinda sad that a win over Nebraska (during a bit of a downturn in their history) brings the head coach to tears. What would happen if they were to beat OU or Texas? Wet pants?

it could be a good idea for a chick flick sports movie with all the crying and emotions