Paul Chryst to Wisconsin

Wiscy has not missed a beat ince Alvarez 'moved' to AD.. Wiscy will own the west untill Barry hangs it up
They're not going to "own" anything with Chryst. 19-19 in an easier league, with access to better players than he'll have at Wisco. Bucky, Iowa, Goldy, and Nub will form one gigantic quadrangle of suck over the next several years. It will be anyone's ballgame in any given year, followed by a 60-70 point beatdown from Urbz in the CG. Just like the old Big XII North.

Fun fact, Barry and Kirk have the exact same number of season as a HC in the BIG. Barry won 196 games and Kirk has won 199 with Barry having a slight higher winning %. ( 60 to 57). Yet, Barry is considered this sage of football? I don't get it.

Fun fact, Barry and Kirk have the exact same number of season as a HC in the BIG. Barry won 196 games and Kirk has won 199 with Barry having a slight higher winning %. ( 60 to 57). Yet, Barry is considered this sage of football? I don't get it.

3 Rose Bowl wins doesn't hurt your resume.

3 Rose Bowl championships say "hey."

Wisco's gonna be in some trouble next year if Dave Aranda leaves. They lose Gordon and 3 OL, which leaves Stave as the key piece of their offense. I'm not exactly going to lose any sleep over that. Now if by some miracle they can open up the pocketbook and keep Aranda, then I will be officially scared. Otherwise, we are one competent HC away from dominating this division for the next decade.

Is there anything more cute than children and their Christmas wishes?

Chryst has one of the worst negative coach effects per CFMatrix. He was heading to the hot seat at Pitt
Barry will make him look like a genius. As they roll along the West and play OSU annually in the BIG championship..Was that one of those thingies that BarBar spoke about?

Chryst has one of the worst negative coach effects per CFMatrix. He was heading to the hot seat at Pitt

Then why are Wisconsin fans losing their ever loving minds with happiness that he's returning?

Perusing their boards for for several years there is the belief that Paul Chryst is what made Wisconsin successful all of those years under Bielema and not Bielema. The numbers do suggest that in many respects. Huge offensive stats in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and poor defensive numbers.

also when Chryst left for Pitt in 2011 he took the majority of Wisconsin's staff with him and the following year Bielema was 7-5 and skated into the B1G championship game because OSU and PSU were not eligible. Bielem hasn't had a good record as a coach without Chryst.

Barry Alvarez is still coaching the team in the Outback Bowl, and will make $200-$250K doing so.

Wisconsin needed a coach who can understand Wisconsin and Barry Alvarez, and Chryst seems to be one of the few that can.
sounds like alvarez is still coaching the team even if there is a head coach in the position.

Then why are Wisconsin fans losing their ever loving minds with happiness that he's returning?
Because they're stupid. Plenty of Nebraska fans are thrilled that they got rid of their 9-win meanie and hired a 5-7 nice guy to take them to the promised land.

Perusing their boards for for several years there is the belief that Paul Chryst is what made Wisconsin successful all of those years under Bielema and not Bielema. The numbers do suggest that in many respects. Huge offensive stats in 2009, 2010 and 2011 and poor defensive numbers.also when Chryst left for Pitt in 2011 he took the majority of Wisconsin's staff with him and the following year Bielema was 7-5 and skated into the B1G championship game because OSU and PSU were not eligible. Bielem hasn't had a good record as a coach without Chryst.
All that proves is that Chryst is a good OC. Charlie Weis and Norv Turner were great OCs, too. Leading from the head chair is an entirely different animal.

I think that D was simply OK. It was not nearly as good as the stats would suggest....just look at their schedule.
Nobody said it was the greatest unit in football history. He took a group with 8 new starters and little individual talent and has them ranked higher in most categories than any defense that Norm Parker ever had at Iowa. If you're not impressed by that, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:
Because they're stupid. Plenty of Nebraska fans are thrilled that they got rid of their 9-win meanie and hired a 5-7 nice guy to take them to the promised land.

No, fans are fans. They're fanatical across the land and want the best for their respective programs. In your Nebraska example it WAS time to move on from Pelini. He wasn't getting it done, getting blown out in key games and seemed to have an abrasive personality. I think Nebraska fans are happy and they should be. Whether Riley is the answer or not a change was needed.

a change is needed here too

IMO Paul Chryst comes off as a complete rube - second only to Ferentz's former recruiting coordinator Eric Johnson.

So now, kfootball will have 3 games on his schedule in 2015 where there will be new staffs in place. Do we think kfootball, in his 17th season at Iowa will be able to win those games?

Wisco's gonna be in some trouble next year if Dave Aranda leaves. They lose Gordon and 3 OL, which leaves Stave as the key piece of their offense. I'm not exactly going to lose any sleep over that.

He will average 89 yds and 2 int per game but throw for 1,000 yards against us.

Latest posts