Paul Chryst to Wisconsin

Much of Paul Chryst's coaching staff has ties to Wisconsin, either as a player, coach or both.
Barry Alvarez is still coaching the team in the Outback Bowl, and will make $200-$250K doing so.

Wisconsin needed a coach who can understand Wisconsin and Barry Alvarez, and Chryst seems to be one of the few that can.

Overall, Kirk has played well against Wisconsin, save 1999, when we knew that Ron Dayne would run all over us.
The 2010 game sticks out like a sore thumb, but 2004, 2005 and 2009 were huge wins.

Hold the phone.... isn't KF from Pittsburgh? Let the rumors (or more appropriately the wishful thinking) commence.

Seems like a good fit for Whisky. I am still not 100% sure how good of a head coach he will be but I think he can keep the same system running. I do wonder what it is like for these coaches with Barry looming in the office next door...

Seems like a good fit for Whisky. I am still not 100% sure how good of a head coach he will be but I think he can keep the same system running. I do wonder what it is like for these coaches with Barry looming in the office next door...

Must not be too bad considering Chryst knows exactly what he's getting into having coached for Alvarez as an asst and while Alvarez was as AD. Wisconsin fans seem to be loving this hire.

He's been a terrible coach at Pitt, with access to more talent than he'll be able to get in Madison, and in an easier division (is that even possible?) than the B1G West. I hate Wisconsin, and I love this hire.

I wasn't too impressed with him this year. You won't find many, if any, better RB/WR combo than Conner & Boyd and he still limped to a 6-6 (4-4) finish in a division almost as weak as the B1G West.

If this had been year 1, okay. But by year 3 you should have your guys in place and at the very least find a functional QB to get the ball to those playmakers and a solid defense.

Must not be too bad considering Chryst knows exactly what he's getting into having coached for Alvarez as an asst and while Alvarez was as AD. Wisconsin fans seem to be loving this hire.

Chryst will follow the yellow brick road, seems to be a robotic position, with Alvarez fingerprint on everything. Chryst knows what he is getting into. Good news for Iowa fans, I don't think he will take Wisky to new levels.

And Wisky won't skip a beat they will run their power run scheme with the over-the-top PA passing game and be the favorite in the West for the foreseeable future. Poor Pitt they are getting yet another new coach.

Chryst could cause a few more recruiting hiccups. Anderson was recruiting different geography and types of players than we do. Chryst is more likely to recruit in the upper midwest and mid-Atlantic for similar types of players.

Wisco's gonna be in some trouble next year if Dave Aranda leaves. They lose Gordon and 3 OL, which leaves Stave as the key piece of their offense. I'm not exactly going to lose any sleep over that. Now if by some miracle they can open up the pocketbook and keep Aranda, then I will be officially scared. Otherwise, we are one competent HC away from dominating this division for the next decade.

Wisco's gonna be in some trouble next year if Dave Aranda leaves. They lose Gordon and 3 OL, which leaves Stave as the key piece of their offense. I'm not exactly going to lose any sleep over that. Now if by some miracle they can open up the pocketbook and keep Aranda, then I will be officially scared. Otherwise, we are one competent HC away from dominating this division for the next decade.

Wiscy has not missed a beat ince Alvarez 'moved' to AD.. Wiscy will own the west untill Barry hangs it up

Latest posts