PAUL CHANEY JR

JCLP205

Any one know what happened to Chaney? I have not seen him in there the first 2 games. He seemed to be coming on last year before getting hurt. Seemed to be an asset as punt returner/kick returner and on reverses and playing in the slot. Is he still hurt from last year or what?

Good post....my thoughts exactly. He's supposedly one of the fastest guys on the team.

Any one know what happened to Chaney? I have not seen him in there the first 2 games. He seemed to be coming on last year before getting hurt. Seemed to be an asset as punt returner/kick returner and on reverses and playing in the slot. Is he still hurt from last year or what?

Chaney played in EACH of the first two games so far. Part of the issue is that he's currently battling Nordman for the #5 spot. Furthermore, Iowa is clearly trying to help develop our running game early in the season. In that capacity, who would you rather have block? I'd frankly take DJK, Sandeman, and McNutt above him in that capacity. Keenan Davis definitely needs to improve in that regard too ... however, at least he's bigger and stronger than Chaney (which helps to some degree when it comes to blocking).

Also, we haven't exactly pushed the limits of our passing game yet either. Our passing game to the WRs is currently a strength. We've clearly been working more on areas that need the most improvement. I don't doubt that we'll be seeing more of Chaney as the season progresses.

I hope he is just getting worked back in and getting stronger. I thought the reverse play to him was one of the most exciting plays for the Hawks last year.

I do agree the most important thing for the Hawks is to develop line play for the running game. I also don't think the Hawks have had to use many wrinkles so far.

Good question and great posts..... basic summation..WOW! what a freaking killer problem to have--- deeeeepth!

chaney is only a JR yeah?

Chaney played in EACH of the first two games so far. Part of the issue is that he's currently battling Nordman for the #5 spot. Furthermore, Iowa is clearly trying to help develop our running game early in the season. In that capacity, who would you rather have block? I'd frankly take DJK, Sandeman, and McNutt above him in that capacity. Keenan Davis definitely needs to improve in that regard too ... however, at least he's bigger and stronger than Chaney (which helps to some degree when it comes to blocking).

My thoughts exactly. Iowa doesn't have a need for Davis or Chaney, unless they are going to spread the field. DJK and McNutt make PERFECT sense, in regards to Iowa's offense. They have strength and size to be good blockers, and the speed/hands to be good in the pass game. If Iowa keeps rolling, look for this duo to get some attention..

Davis has been getting a lot of reps so far , just not a lot of balls thrown his way. I have only seen Chaney in on mop up duty. Wouldnt mid seeing him back on kick returns but will defer to the guys who built this team.

Davis has been getting a lot of reps so far , just not a lot of balls thrown his way. I have only seen Chaney in on mop up duty. Wouldnt mid seeing him back on kick returns but will defer to the guys who built this team.

Yeah, Davis has been in early and often. When a DJK or McNutt run a deep route, Davis is in. i.e. Davis took McNutt's spot after his long catch and run, then proceeded to miss a block that would've gotten ARob into the endzone.

Do you think that the coaches are going to show other teams their entire playbook after week two? You'll see Chaney more later in the season.

Last time I saw him, he was walking with The Queen, doing some sort of werewolf schtick. His hair was perfect.

Speed is great, but if he can't block he won't do any good in the Big 10.

What do you call a Iowa reciever who won't block?.......

Good post....my thoughts exactly. He's supposedly one of the fastest guys on the team.
Not supposedly, He IS the fastest guy on the team.
Recall he was part of Iowa's 08/09 national champion relay team. I believe it was 4X200m.
I personally hope to see him more.

Latest posts