PAUL CHANEY JR

Not supposedly, He IS the fastest guy on the team.
Recall he was part of Iowa's 08/09 national champion relay team. I believe it was 4X200m.
I personally hope to see him more.

Not trying to be a contrarian, HD, but we all know that "track fast" and "football fast" are two very different things.
I'm not sure PCjr is a football player. Not questioning his pure athletic ability, but I don't honestly think he's a B10 FB player.

The 'I'm so weird and depressed' Robert Smith from the Cure? I don't get this reference AT ALL.

Ahh, a young'n.
Robert Smith was a diminutive wide receiver for The Iowa Hawkeyes from (I think) 1982-1985 or '86. He was very fast and seemingly always open for Chuck Long, but...he often dropped the ball and NEVER blocked. :(

Loved the reference to The Cure; I was a big fan back in the day. Fascination Street will always evoke memories. :rolleyes:

Ahh, a young'n.
Robert Smith was a diminutive wide receiver for The Iowa Hawkeyes from (I think) 1982-1985 or '86. He was very fast and seemingly always open for Chuck Long, but...he often dropped the ball and NEVER blocked. :(

Loved the reference to The Cure; I was a big fan back in the day. Fascination Street will always evoke memories. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm .... always loved The Cure.

If any of you watched the chiefs game tonight you would have seen what pure speed can do. His size is very close to the same as McCluster and Arenas. Those two are undersized (almost Dante Hall-like) and have shown their abilities in a VERY fast league. Chaney played QB in HS and because of his speed i would like to see him in a wildcat package (however, this would never happen). Many people have called for McNutt and a wildcat, but i think you need a "Denard" like agility to run that package and McNutt lacks those abilities. Do you remember the play Stanzi had at Penn State when he ran the shotgun option run? Fat Ba$tard could have ran through the hole that opened up on that play.

If any of you watched the chiefs game tonight you would have seen what pure speed can do. His size is very close to the same as McCluster and Arenas. Those two are undersized (almost Dante Hall-like) and have shown their abilities in a VERY fast league. Chaney played QB in HS and because of his speed i would like to see him in a wildcat package (however, this would never happen). Many people have called for McNutt and a wildcat, but i think you need a "Denard" like agility to run that package and McNutt lacks those abilities. Do you remember the play Stanzi had at Penn State when he ran the shotgun option run? Fat Ba$tard could have ran through the hole that opened up on that play.

McCluster had like 2,000 all purpose yards at Ole Miss last year, Arenas set the NCAA record for career punt return yardage. Chaney is nowhere near the level of these guys. We've seen him return punts and run reverses and never once have I thought of him as elusive, fast as hell yes, but not elusive. If he gets the corner, great but if not he's usually going down pretty easily.

I don't understand what the infatuation is with Chaney. We have a solid group of 4 receivers with DJK, McNutt, Davis, and Sandeman and a pretty darn good tight end in Reisner. I don't see where he is on the field in front of any of those guys right now.

Latest posts