Patrick McCaffery - Workout Video

Evelyn has a low release point, Conner has a hitch in his stroke where he brings it down to his hip before he releases it. Because your stroke isn’t perfect doesn’t mean it’s broke.

As @PCHawk was alluding to kids will figure out how to get their shot off with out completely revamping their jumper.

Evelyn has a low release point, Conner has a hitch in his stroke where he brings it down to his hip before he releases it. Because your stroke isn’t perfect doesn’t mean it’s broke.

As @PCHawk was alluding to kids will figure out how to get their shot off with out completely revamping their jumper.
I think Pat will do just fine against most non-conference competition. The B1G is gonna be tough for him until he puts on a significant amount of strength/muscle and quickness (his first step is still pretty slow, but that might not really affect him that much).

Yup just a tad taller/longer and more athletic. Maybe a better shooter too but that remains to be seen. Kid has serious potential if he can put some weight on. He's a skilled player that I'm sure that knows the game.
PM a better ball handler and passer I would guess than Baer as well.

Baer’s motor though is something that likely won’t be matched.

I think we're gonna have to give him some more time. He's still shooting from his chest.
Yeah that turns a 6'9 kid with long arms into a 6'5 one... That's a tough thing to change once you've gotten engrained with your shot. But I agree it'll limit his effectiveness so hope he works on tht too...

That's awesome. Mostly for his health as much as anything. But it'll make his game way more effective. It's just tough for 6'9 SFs to do much inside weighing less then 200 lbs... If he can get to what Uthoff did at 215-220ish that seems realistic. He could do some serious damage at that weight as athletic and smart of a player that he is.

Can any player use the facility? I assumed that it was closed. Maybe he just borrowed daddy's keys.
The video at the beginning of the thread is from early or mid March.

If not for Covid shutdown I think all the players would be able to get into Carver though to workout.

Yeah that turns a 6'9 kid with long arms into a 6'5 one... That's a tough thing to change once you've gotten engrained with your shot. But I agree it'll limit his effectiveness so hope he works on tht too...

I'm surprised that Fran didn't have them working with a shooting coach since they were toddlers, to make sure they had proper form. Both kids have an odd shot.

Anyone have video of Fran in his playing days? What did his shot look like?

I love all of the arm chair experts here. The kid was only a Top 75 national recruit, but hey, you guys all have a lot to add to this kids development as a player. LOL. Said it before and I will say it again, if his last name was Smith the commentary on Patrick would be so so different. Sigh.

I love all of the arm chair experts here. The kid was only a Top 75 national recruit, but hey, you guys all have a lot to add to this kids development as a player. LOL. Said it before and I will say it again, if his last name was Smith the commentary on Patrick would be so so different. Sigh.
No, my eyes know what they see.

I'm surprised that Fran didn't have them working with a shooting coach since they were toddlers, to make sure they had proper form. Both kids have an odd shot.

a1253705705ba7f1222be5e09a215322.gif

I think he’s going to play the 3 spot primarily. I don’t think he’s going to be asked to post up back to the basket much. I also don’t think we are going to look for him to score a ton unless both Wieskamp and Garza go which seems unlikely. He should be good in transition and then hopefully knock down the open three at a decent clip. Effect the game in other ways with his length and athleticism.

Iowa doesn’t need scoring, but athleticism, length, and high basketball IQ, now that we could take.

Patrick has those qualities

I really do think that he will surprise folk with his offensive game other than shooting from sniper range. He is very quick taking the ball inside in traffic and can get his shot off fast. He Will be a factor in transition where his passing efficiency will be notable.....

Hope we have a season to watch this year. If we do the deck is loaded and the potential is vast.....

:cool:

Good questions... They aren't text book by any means. I've not seen any Fran jumpers from back in his day either. You have me curious though.

Latest posts