Patrick McCaffery Commits to Iowa

He's going to be special. I'm glad he made it official and hopefully the timing of it is to get the ball rolling on some other recruits!

For sure, if I read right we have 2 open schollies right now in that class. So Patrick will be our lead recruiter.
I am very excited about the next few seasons, should be some fun basketball.

For sure, if I read right we have 2 open schollies right now in that class. So Patrick will be our lead recruiter.
I am very excited about the next few seasons, should be some fun basketball.

I think we are so far ahead of the game right now in recruiting, and with the style of play Iowa runs, we will be getting either 4 stars or guys who Fran thinks should be 4 stars, pretty much all the time now. At least until we have to try to fill a huge class again.

Not surprising at all, but still a good get and will be a great fit in Fran's system. In this case people will have to go more off his AAU highlights than high school highlights. I've seen West play multiple times, and they're excellent defensively but the offense/pace they run at sets the sport back many years. This also insures that Fran will continue to stick around which I'm more than happy with because he has shown that he can not only identify talent early but he's starting to get some to sign with us. This group has the potential to get to the Sweet 16 and at that point anything can happen. We just need to get to the 2nd weekend.

I think we are so far ahead of the game right now in recruiting, and with the style of play Iowa runs, we will be getting either 4 stars or guys who Fran thinks should be 4 stars, pretty much all the time now. At least until we have to try to fill a huge class again.

Yeah good point, he can really narrow in on a couple guys and recruit them hard when he only has a couple to fill.

Just remember - Pat and Connor don't count because they're Fran's kids. They were also 4 star talent from in state that were always going to Iowa too, so that's like double don't count.

One more thing....is Fran allowed to give him an allowance or anything while enrolled or being recruited? I always wondered what the rules were for that. Fran buys him a car and he commits to Iowa...hmmmm

Depends.... if it's a brand new Chevy Blazer with all the bells and whistles, that's one thing. If it's a beat up 2003 Ford Taurus, it's quite another!

Depends.... if it's a brand new Chevy Blazer with all the bells and whistles, that's one thing. If it's a beat up 2003 Ford Taurus, it's quite another!
Ha I don't think that's the case. I'm not sure if your joking or not but I think Fran can hook them up with whatever he wants. There's no rules about parents spoiling their kids. I don't see how there could be.

That's what happens with too much alcohol, folks. Don't worry, I got the joke once I sobered up. Don't drink & text.

aVMyvSOOVp7taeVo1XcNMZOMGk_0X4mnbDLUqsUIHg5vThqWihGJF7pRWVF1kMqF8TyinR1Mf_wEdxksHWmZwv1RHqeBdIzyFtRxEFFkMnPLvPw5EEjmNy8OyzPS9uWrnZBJtvDZf66q=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

Hand me the phone, Lads.....

:cool:

Last edited:
Ha I don't think that's the case. I'm not sure if your joking or not but I think Fran can hook them up with whatever he wants. There's no rules about parents spoiling their kids. I don't see how there could be.

Yes, I'm joking. We really need a sarcasm font on this board!

On the Hawkeye Sports men's basketball schedule, we apparently play Penn State at Carver Saturday, Dec 2 and @ Indiana Monday, September 4.....

• PSU.png

DEC 2 (SAT) 4 P.M.
    BIG TENVS PENN STATE
    IOWA CITY, IA
    TV: BTN
  • iub_logo.png

DEC 4 (MON) 7 P.M.
    BIG TEN AT INDIANA
    BLOOMINGTON, IN

Rather early conference games.....

Damn.....

Saw Patrick play probably as an 8th grader for the first time and I could tell he was a special player.

I’ve seen him play a couple times since and feel the same. He’ll be similar to Uthoff. Tall and thin but skilled and lengthy. Can block shots and
D, handle the ball, shoot.

On the Hawkeye Sports men's basketball schedule, we apparently play Penn State at Carver Saturday, Dec 2 and @ Indiana Monday, September 4.....

• PSU.png

DEC 2 (SAT) 4 P.M.
    BIG TENVS PENN STATE
    IOWA CITY, IA
  • iub_logo.png

DEC 4 (MON) 7 P.M.
    BIG TEN AT INDIANA
    BLOOMINGTON, IN

Rather early conference games.....

Damn.....

All a result of the B1G money grab, also know as "We have to have the tourny at Madison Square Garden so we'll move the B1G tourney up a week because the Big East has control of MSG that weekend and we'll move two B1G games into December which will make our teams play a lot of games in December and get tired so they'll lose a couple of games they should have won and then they'll have 10 days off between the B1G Tourny and the Dance and they'll get rusty so B1G teams will lose more first round games and .. .. "

Never mind .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!

All a result of the B1G money grab, also know as "We have to have the tourny at Madison Square Garden so we'll move the B1G tourney up a week because the Big East has control of MSG that weekend and we'll move two B1G games into December which will make our teams play a lot of games in December and get tired so they'll lose a couple of games they should have won and then they'll have 10 days off between the B1G Tourny and the Dance and they'll get rusty so B1G teams will lose more first round games and .. .. "

Never mind .. ..

GO HAWKS!!!
What will happen if every B1G team loses in the first round?

Latest posts