Pathetic loss, pathetic court storm

We lost this game because of the refs. I hate using this as an excuse but it happens every time an opposing team gets a big lead at Hilton. Iowa rolled in the first half and Uthoff had 30 and Woody had ten. Jok had around 16. In order for ISU to get back into it they have to play super aggressive defense. When you play aggressive defense you foul yet the clowns had what, 5 fouls in the second half and at least two were intentional. Woody get hammered inside the circle under the basket which gets called 100% in every game except tonight. Uthoff only scores 2 in the 2nd half when matt all hands team thomas is on him. As for storming the court it's just bush league and explains fully why ISU is little brother. cyfans always point out how pathetic it is if Kansas storms the field. ISU was supposed to win and they storm the court when they win by one. Another example of how isu is not a blue blood. They call themselves one but they act like a bunch of 5th grade girls only not as tough. Niang initiates contact with every drive but gets the call every time.

Wow, give the Hawkeyes some credit here. Uthoff had a great gam... I mean first half. Blaming the Refs is pretty weak. The Cyclones had an answer to the Hawkeyes only threat. Only problem is the Woodbury is the next Worley.

Last edited:
We lost this game because of the refs. I hate using this as an excuse but it happens every time an opposing team gets a big lead at Hilton. Iowa rolled in the first half and Uthoff had 30 and Woody had ten. Jok had around 16. In order for ISU to get back into it they have to play super aggressive defense. When you play aggressive defense you foul yet the clowns had what, 5 fouls in the second half and at least two were intentional. Woody get hammered inside the circle under the basket which gets called 100% in every game except tonight. Uthoff only scores 2 in the 2nd half when matt all hands team thomas is on him. As for storming the court it's just bush league and explains fully why ISU is little brother. cyfans always point out how pathetic it is if Kansas storms the field. ISU was supposed to win and they storm the court when they win by one. Another example of how isu is not a blue blood. They call themselves one but they act like a bunch of 5th grade girls only not as tough. Niang initiates contact with every drive but gets the call every time.

Seriously officiating? ?? Woodbury gets away with a travel every time he touches the damn ball

Enjoy your win elsewhere. Nothing more a sign of bad character to gloat and win poorly. Show some class, show yourself to the door. ^

This game is huge for both teams... anyone who says differently is kidding themselves.

You can show yourself the door also! Huge! Please! Your ranked #4 and were not ranked and your storming the floor running over people like a bunch of classless CLOWNS!! See ya little bro!

This game is huge for both teams... anyone who says differently is kidding themselves.

Clown, you are wrong, the game isn't that big at all to Iowa fans. First of all it is BB, so losses simply don't matter as much as football. Secondly it occurs during football season. For 75% of the Hayden and Ferentz era, the Iowa fans are making plans for bowl games, getting tickets, planning vacations to warm weather destinations. Heck just look on this site, and how many Iowa vs ISU thread there were compared to bowl game thread or football threads.

You are right though, this game is and always will be Da Clowns #SuperBowl, because you don't go to bowl games, and it is BB season when September rolls around. It is always the most important game of the year for Clownies, and the only game that even comes close to it is your home game with Kansas.

#SuperBowl
635853816389018259-CyHawk9.jpg

Do people honestly think the court rush was due to just beating Iowa? It was a 20 point win with a shot to go ahead in the final seconds.

Do people honestly think the court rush was due to just beating Iowa? It was a 20 point win with a shot to go ahead in the final seconds.

LOLOLOL.....Then how come the Clown fans didn't storm the court in a "comeback win for the ages" according to Brent Mussberger last year vs the #15 rated Oklahoma team?

Nobody does delusion like Clown fan. Clown won't admit it, but it is obvious that Iowa is Da Clowns #SuperBowl.

I guess I am one of the few people who came away from that game pretty encouraged...yeah, that loss is going to sting for awhile, but if ISU is # 4, then I guess that means Iowa is # 5. Fran not calling a timeout after the team just turned the ball over twice trying to inbound the ball made sense to me considering we'd have to inbound after a TO and we got a good look from our best player to win it in one of the toughest places to win in the country. This team is really good... and I mean, really really good. They let it slip away in the end, but showed so much toughness and good basketball throughout the game its hard to be too upset with so many more opportunities still in front of them. I personally think Iowa looks like it could be a sweet 16 contender.

Randy Peterson tweeted this morning that he was not trampled the court storming.

I agree it's kind of odd to storm the court when you're #4 and you beat an unranked team. However, I'll take some ridiculing over losing the game. That being said, you guys that are mocking it seem to forget the 2006 game in Kinnick. #16 Iowa beat unranked ISU and the field was stormed after.

It goes both ways. Fans (mostly college kids) get excited in the moment. Life can really suck sometimes, let people have their fun.

Don't really care that they stormed the court afterwards. The glory of youth and all.

Could've done without the booing/foul language towards an injured player tho.

Don't really care that they stormed the court afterwards. The glory of youth and all.

Could've done without the booing/foul language towards an injured player tho.
I keep hearing this. When I was watching, the first thing I thought was the students were booing the officials for stopping the play. At least those were my thoughts.

I keep hearing this. When I was watching, the first thing I thought was the students were booing the officials for stopping the play. At least those were my thoughts.
Ok so they were booing the officials for doing what they're told to do.

Seems about right.

As a college student I can't get mad they rushed. 20 point comeback, rivalry game, etc. it's whatever. We win and we aren't in this situation.

Randy Peterson tweeted this morning that he was not trampled the court storming.

I agree it's kind of odd to storm the court when you're #4 and you beat an unranked team. However, I'll take some ridiculing over losing the game. That being said, you guys that are mocking it seem to forget the 2006 game in Kinnick. #16 Iowa beat unranked ISU and the field was stormed after.

It goes both ways. Fans (mostly college kids) get excited in the moment. Life can really suck sometimes, let people have their fun.
You seem to be lost. This is Hawkeye Nation not cryclown fanatic.

Booing every single call the refs make throughout the entire game is a good way to get some "magic" later. Booing Jok for getting hurt was the worst thing I've ever seen from a crowd. It didn't even make sense.

Latest posts