Pathetic loss, pathetic court storm

I guess I am one of the few people who came away from that game pretty encouraged...yeah, that loss is going to sting for awhile, but if ISU is # 4, then I guess that means Iowa is # 5. Fran not calling a timeout after the team just turned the ball over twice trying to inbound the ball made sense to me considering we'd have to inbound after a TO and we got a good look from our best player to win it in one of the toughest places to win in the country. This team is really good... and I mean, really really good. They let it slip away in the end, but showed so much toughness and good basketball throughout the game its hard to be too upset with so many more opportunities still in front of them. I personally think Iowa looks like it could be a sweet 16 contender.

Good look? We had 9 seconds left trailing by one and we dink around and chuck up a 3? Might have been a good look in a 2 or 3 pt. game, but I'm beside myself that we didn't attack the rim for a layup or foul. We needed 2 pts. not a 25 footer. And someone please explain to me why w stayed with Woody when McKay was running circles around him. Also why do we feel its a good idea for our center to touch the ball anywhere other then inside the paint. I just don't get it but then I'm not a basketball coach and never played in college.

Don't really care that they stormed the court afterwards. The glory of youth and all.

Could've done without the booing/foul language towards an injured player tho.

The chanting (profanity) when Jok was accidentally poked is about the only thing that bothered me.

Storming the court I get. Especially at Iowa State. In all seriousness what else do they have at Iowa State sports wise to look forward to?

One thing they are far far far superior to over Iowa is the atmosphere in Hilton. Iowa fans and students are pathetic from a support standpoint.

At Iowa there are a bunch of old white people that get the best seats because they donate money. They sit on their hands and that's it. Iowa fan support is an embarrassment save for a few games a year.

I get storming the court when you win your #SuperBowl. Booing Jok was disgusting, and there were NOT booing a call, as they simply stopped play for an injuried player. Those ****ing azz Clowns were booing Jok an injuried player.

Wow, I totally forgot about booing jok when he got hit in the eye. Add in the elbow Morris threw at gessel, the three minute court perspiration inspection by George's, not shaking hands after the game, zero class. Enjoy it clowns, what goes around comes around.

Do people honestly think the court rush was due to just beating Iowa? It was a 20 point win with a shot to go ahead in the final seconds.

You're a thoughtful poster and I'm not going to argue with you. We will agree to disagree. I do think it was because they beat Iowa.

The game could have gone either way. It was tough to take...especially on the heals of the football loss. But Iowa is going to get better as the year progresses. Our 5 starters are solid but the rest of the rotation needs experience. This crowd, environment, game...will serve them well later in the season. The Iowa State team we see now is the same team they will be in March...unless their latest transfer helps. Last year's didn't help much. I'm over the loss and looking ahead to Michigan State.

Oh, you were serious. Sorry about that...

The classic "you don't understand basketball" come back..

... as childish as blaming the refs for a 20 point collapse.
I apologize for my attack on you. It was uncalled for and was born of frustration.

Wow, give the Hawkeyes some credit here. Uthoff had a great gam... I mean first half. Blaming the Refs is pretty weak. The Cyclones had an answer to the Hawkeyes only threat. Only problem is the Woodbury is the next Worley.
Great first post except while Uthoff had a tremendous first half Woody and Jok had double figures in the first have. The 2nd half they combined for around 8 points. I guess all three went into a horrible slump at the same time.

Seriously officiating? ?? Woodbury gets away with a travel every time he touches the damn ball
As a cyfan you have no reason dealing in reality. Did you check out cyfans game thread, there was enough ref complaints to fill a season. Congrats on your bush league court storming little brother.

Imagine if woody and gesel would have cleaned the court for three minutes before inbounding, imagine if woody would have poked one of your players in the eye, imagine if woody would have laid on George's at mid court like he did on woody, imagine if gesel would have clearly thrown an elbow at precious monte Morris. The Hilton ball babies would have probably chased down Fran like the other coach. Pay attention clowns. We took the high road on all that shitt. You, not so much. Zero class. Notice our football team. When it's time to get trophies, we don't plow everyone going across the field. You have never shown any class, dating all the way back to your beat Iowa Jerseys and your Cedar Rapids billboard.

Clown, you are wrong, the game isn't that big at all to Iowa fans. First of all it is BB, so losses simply don't matter as much as football. Secondly it occurs during football season. For 75% of the Hayden and Ferentz era, the Iowa fans are making plans for bowl games, getting tickets, planning vacations to warm weather destinations. Heck just look on this site, and how many Iowa vs ISU thread there were compared to bowl game thread or football threads.

You are right though, this game is and always will be Da Clowns #SuperBowl, because you don't go to bowl games, and it is BB season when September rolls around. It is always the most important game of the year for Clownies, and the only game that even comes close to it is your home game with Kansas.

#SuperBowl
635853816389018259-CyHawk9.jpg

That is one ugly looking group of people.

Latest posts