Pathetic decision making by O'keefe in the 2 minute drill

Win5002

Calling a QB sneak with 22 seconds and you still are not in field goal position with a fresh. kicker that has problems??????? Are you kidding me trading 12 seconds for 2 yards????? Then you don't even spike the ball you use your final timeout. He should get his arse chewed out bad!!!!!!!

You cant blame KOK...he did what he needed to do to get the first down and stop the clock to let the chains reset. The poor decision making came from KF for not spiking the ball and using up the time out. The next poor decision was by Stanzi for throwing the ball short of a first down and towards the middle of the field, you have to know that if you are in trouble and no one is open that in that situation you throw it in the ground or out of bounds. KOK called a great game in my opinion. Should have put up 34 points if not for a blocked XP and the failed fieldgoal. In most circumstances that should win with our defense. As it is shown in the last two games however, our defense isn't what we thought it was and is vulnerable to giving up a lot of points now. KOK was not the problem.

Yes there was bad decisions at the end of the game but it should not have come down to that. Special teams is the reason we have lost two games without a doubt, no questions asked.

Yes, there were errors in other parts of the game and yes until that point O'Keefe called a good game BUT....

You are at the Wisconsin 42 yard line well out of field goal position. Even if you spike the ball you only leave yourself one play to get in GOOD field goal position. You have shredded their DB all game. Why only try to set your FR. inexperienced kicker with a 45-50 yard field goal? That was terrible decision making. If you throw with 22 seconds left you have probably 3 plays to get into field goal position. You don't trade 2 yards and 12 seconds where you are at on the field there, when you need a lot of yardage to get the field goal.

The percentage of converting a 4th and 1 with a run vs a pass is significantly better. Thus, the reason why they did not throw it on 4th and 1 and you have to understand that it was the right call bar none.

It seems to me that is the safest way to get the first down and without a first down the game is over is to run the QB sneak. What I don't understand is how 10 seconds runs off the clock there. Clock should have stopped on the 1st down and Iowa called TO before the game clock was started, didn't they? Regardless, why not be set at LOS and spike the ball?

iahawk72

I like the call, it gives us a chance to get to the line quicker than a quick pass in the middle that MAY not be completed. They needed to think whats next, and didn't.

Guys, I'm pretty sure O'Keefe had the old fake spike and then throw it to DJK for a TD play on there, KF got worried about the clock. If KOK were the head coach, we would have won this game.

Your on the 40 after that play and you only have time for 1 play. Our one play was Robinson for 3 yards. You think Meyers makes a 54 yard field goal??????

Your telling me you would rather take your chances with a 54 yard field goal by Meyer than DJK & McNutt getting a chance to make plays? If you throw on 4th & 1 you get 3 plays.

Latest posts