Pat with a subtle dig at Kirk/Iowa?

Now that I think about the situation and our struggles against NU, I still don't care.

It's pretty similar to how Fitz feels about getting his team ready in the off season compared to Iowa.

It's normal. He will do his thing and Kirk will do the same. The end.

Fitzgerald is the McCarney of the Big 10. He knows how to prepare his team for Iowa. Beating Iowa means a great deal to the purple pu$$ies, not like the everything that it is for the clowns to beat Iowa, but the Iowa game is an important game for NW. Like the clowns Iowa has to focus more on the NW game. Trouble is NW is much better than the clowns.

Think of that...it wasn't so many years ago that NW was the pits of college football, easily on the level of the clowns program. Today, NW has a very nice program...no fans, some things don't change, and the clowns still wallow in the pig pen of college football.

He talked about team health and they're healthier than they've ever been since he's been there. Said during the off season it's sometimes smarter to rest and shut players down some than work them too hard.

Boy, you really read into that statement. I did not see any mention of KF &/or Iowa at any one point.

8 and Iowa has 33 and just put 7 FA's on camp rosters.......NWestern is NO Iowa. Yeah I get they beat us and yeah it’s frustrating, but there are anomalies in sports like that all the time. NW still has never won a bowl game……still loses countless games they shouldn’t and still puts to much emphasis on certain games. When you’re a NW that’s what you have to do…….

As for me I’m okay with being Iowa.

Chad

In '08 Iowa had something like 5 turnovers ... and still had a shot to win.
In '09 Iowa's star QB went down to injury ... and still had a shot to win (and would have won were it not for a bogus holding penalty).

That then leads to '10, where Iowa's D simply didn't have the experience and prep time to match up with Northwestern's passing attack. As it is ... if Stanzi doesn't throw that pick OR if Persa doesn't put up such a Herculean performance ... Iowa wins. Oh yes ... and if Norm was there ... I'm inclined to give Iowa the nodd too.

Northwestern should be better on O in 2011 ... however, they may not be quite as salty on D. However, my impression is that the most important factors that COULD tip the scales in favor of Iowa are the following:
- Better chance to field a balanced attack on O ... thereby allowing us to play "keep away" from the Northwestern O
- Back 7 on D will be much more capable in coverage. Furthermore, we have personnel that should be more capable of pulling off 3-4, nickel, and dime looks ... all of which could better neutralize Northwestern's passing game.
- Norm Parker will be coaching ... and he's our X-factor.

I expect a great game ... a hard-fought game ... however, I anticipate that Iowa will get the best of the Wildcats this time.

He talked about team health and they're healthier than they've ever been since he's been there. Said during the off season it's sometimes smarter to rest and shut players down some than work them too hard.

It seems like there is something there, but there isn't. Generic answer to a generic question.

Wow, this is ridiculous.

I cannot dispute that NU "owns" Iowa. I attribute it to several factors:

1. Luck. The games have been very close.
2. Timing. NU usually plays Iowa at the right time of the season (before or after a big, emotional game for Iowa).
3. System. Iowa seems to struggle with NU's offensive system.

Curiously, Penn State, a team that Iowa "owns", has no trouble beating NU, and usually beats them soundly.

I don't think past results predict the future. If Iowa prepares better for NU and changes their defense schemes, I believe they will defeat them.

Iowa State "owned" Ferentz for awhile. Ferentz has defeated ISU 6 of the past 8 games. The worm turned. It will turn against the Cats as well. Just watch.

Wow, this is ridiculous.

2. Timing. NU usually plays Iowa at the right time of the season (before or after a big, emotional game for Iowa).
3. System. Iowa seems to struggle with NU's offensive system.

Curiously, Penn State, a team that Iowa "owns", has no trouble beating NU, and usually beats them soundly.

I don't think past results predict the future. If Iowa prepares better for NU and changes their defense schemes, I believe they will defeat them.

Iowa State "owned" Ferentz for awhile. Ferentz has defeated ISU 6 of the past 8 games. The worm turned. It will turn against the Cats as well. Just watch.
Its like rock paper scissors!

Wow, this is ridiculous.

Kirk-led Iowa teams were 7-2 vs Penn State through 2009. In those 7 wins, the average difference in points at the end of regulation is less than 5. Luck? Pennsylvania Kirk wants the PSU game more than JoePa wants the Iowa game. Fitz wants the Iowa game more than Kirk wants the NW game. Period.

I'm not going to quote the dope.

Closeness.... What does closeness have to do with this thread hijack?
Yeah, Iowa and Northwestern games are close. Bottom line is: Iowa has lost a majority of recent games. That is what matters - should matter.

Northwestern consistantly beats Iowa 'cause their o is given many more opportunites to be on the field - Iowa's d can't get off the field. This also reduces oppurtunites for Iowa's o to be on the field.

Closeness... Iowa vs Indiana are close. Iowa vs. Purdue are close. Iowa vs. Penn State are close.

Latest posts