Pat Forde Rips into Iowa

Pat Forde is an idiot. Plain and simple. If this would have been "golden boy" Urbadn Meyer and Florida last year he would have defended how it was necessary for him to be recruiting since signing day is less than a week away. We all know Urban really would have been hashing last minute details of their contract since the SEC pays for the best.

Pretty sure Forde is a Mizzou grad...might still be ****** that our boys took the wood to his Tigers.

Last edited:
I apologize. I thought that word would have been starred out. I still stand by my post though.

No need to apologize, you summed it up quite succinctly.

We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing
When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry

The comments section is blowing up.

I posted a comment about 30 minutes ago and ther were only 90 comments. There are now 257 & counting.

On another note, what the hell is the great need that Ferentz needed to be in Iowa City for?
-Could he help give medical treatment?
-Did he need to be there staring at the players?

What gives? I'm sure he talked to them on the phone. There is nothing else he could have done that couldn't have waited to 2 days.

Anytime I've been in the hospital, I wasn't clamoring for visitors. I was trying to get treatment and rest to get better.

It's sickening to me how stupid people are.

Great post. I could not agree more. Should KF be there 24 x 7 to change the bed pan for each player? If I were in there the last thing I would want is for my coach to be hanging around doting on me. I would be trying to rest, recover and count down the hours until I could get the hell out and back to practice. I would also expect my coach to be doing his job.

What kind of wussy society do we live in these days???

I've heard some of this talk about recruiting implications. If we lose a recruit because a parent is concerned that conditioning program might be too much then it's probably a good idea that the recruit not come in the first place. Football is a dangerous, contact sport. If you are not prepared both mentally and physically then you should strongly consider not playing.

Attempts to drag the program, AD and coach through the mud is the media's attempt to gain more access and followers. Negative news sells and gets followers. Nothing you could do from a PR perspective could satisfy the people who do not have a stake in the well being of the playes and program in the first place.

The last thing I wanted as a fan, ticket-holder and supporter of the program is another mind-numbingly, dull press conference where nothing is really said because it's none of anyone's business or is private information. How does that help the players recover????

Last edited:
Great post. I could not agree more. Should KF be there 24 x 7 to change the bed pan for each player? If I were in there the last thing I would want is for my coach to be hanging around doting on me. I would be trying to rest, recover and count down the hours until I could get the hell out and back to practice. I would also expect my coach to be doing his job.

What kind of wussy society do we live in these days???

I've heard some of this talk about recruiting implications. If we lose a recruit because a parent is concerned that conditioning program might be too much then it's probably a good idea that the recruit not come in the first place. Football is a dangerous, contact sport. If you are not prepared both mentally and physically then you should strongly consider not playing.

Attempts to drag the program, AD and coach through the mud is the media's attempt to gain more access and followers. Negative news sells and gets followers. Nothing you could do from a PR perspective could satisfy the people who do not have a stake in the well being of the playes and program in the first place.

The last thing I wanted as a fan, ticket-holder and supporter of the program is another mind-numbingly, dull press conference where nothing is really said because it's none of anyone's business or is private information. How does that help the players recover????

In my opinion, there is a BIG difference between pushing players to their limits to improve them, and pushing WELL beyond their limits and putting them at risk. If this happened just because of the workout, without other extenuating circumstances, then changes need to be made. If you're up for putting players in position to suffer kidney failure (I realize that didn't happen here, but it easily could have) just to entertain yourself, you've got issues.

In my opinion, there is a BIG difference between pushing players to their limits to improve them, and pushing WELL beyond their limits and putting them at risk. If this happened just because of the workout, without other extenuating circumstances, then changes need to be made. If you're up for putting players in position to suffer kidney failure (I realize that didn't happen here, but it easily could have) just to entertain yourself, you've got issues.

How do you define human limits that could apply accurately to all individuals?

If the workout(s) were designed to exceed limits as you are possibly asserting then why didn't all players suffer this ailment that went through this workout and past players who have attested to doing this workout?

I just emailed him, as his email address is at the bottom of the article. I wanted to point out a few facts that he did not mention in his article. That being said, if he replies, I will post my email and his response. I was pretty objective I think, yet direct in a few lines. Hoping to get a reply from that POS.

No need to apologize, you summed it up quite succinctly.

We can do the innuendo, we can dance and sing
When it's said and done, we haven't told you a thing
We all know that crap is king, give us dirty laundry

If Don Henley had only known half the facts of what rags and b-s would be written 30 years later when he wrote that. Unbelievable how opinions now dictate and conjure more readership than actual journalistic reporting.

Pat Forde can suck a big fat dick as far as I am concerned.

I apologize. I thought that word would have been starred out. I still stand by my post though.

Quite possibly the best comeback to ones-self on HN forum ever. Thanks Dude, I'm watching the Big L in your honor tonight with my son.

I just emailed him, as his email address is at the bottom of the article. I wanted to point out a few facts that he did not mention in his article. That being said, if he replies, I will post my email and his response. I was pretty objective I think, yet direct in a few lines. Hoping to get a reply from that POS.

:eek: Just noticed that. Looks like Forde is getting another email.

How do you define human limits that could apply accurately to all individuals?

If the workout(s) were designed to exceed limits as you are possibly asserting then why didn't all players suffer this ailment that went through this workout and past players who have attested to doing this workout?

We don't have all the details. But if they were pushed way beyond their limits without regard for their health, then there is a problem there. I'm not saying that's what happened. But it is a possibility. And people shouldn't shrug that possibility off with "It's college football, it's a contact sport."

We don't have all the details. But if they were pushed way beyond their limits without regard for their health, then there is a problem there. I'm not saying that's what happened. But it is a possibility. And people shouldn't shrug that possibility off with "It's college football, it's a contact sport."

Again,,, all I am asking is you define what human limits are and how those limits can be guaranteed to be applied correctly across an entire football team during a workout.

It must be an easy for anyone since an experienced trainer was able to specifically select a workout program that had a guaranteed outcome of putting 13 in the hospital.

Again,,, all I am asking is you define what human limits are and how those limits can be guaranteed to be applied correctly across an entire football team during a workout.

It must be an easy for anyone since an experienced trainer was able to specifically select a workout program that had a guaranteed outcome of putting 13 in the hospital.

If there turned out to be no other factors that could have exacerbated their kidney function, then it was the workout. If that turned out to be the case, then it needs tweaking, whether last week's results were intentional or not. Obviously the coaches didn't intend to put these players in the hospital. But that doesn't mean that 13 (now 8) hospital beds didn't hold Iowa football players this week.

13 players is WAY too many. One or two, and your logic would carry plenty of weight. But if 13 players ended up in the hospital solely because the workout was so extreme, then something about that workout needs to be tweaked.

Forde is just sandy because his alma mater didnt get invited to the Big10 and Nebby Did. Now Mizzou has to suffer at the hand of texas.

If there turned out to be no other factors that could have exacerbated their kidney function, then it was the workout. If that turned out to be the case, then it needs tweaking, whether last week's results were intentional or not. Obviously the coaches didn't intend to put these players in the hospital. But that doesn't mean that 13 (now 8) hospital beds didn't hold Iowa football players this week.

13 players is WAY too many. One or two, and your logic would carry plenty of weight. But if 13 players ended up in the hospital solely because the workout was so extreme, then something about that workout needs to be tweaked.

So now you are rationalizing the number. One or two is now OK but 3 is not ?

So that means that the number of squats must be reduced to 45% of max from 60% and the repititions to 80 from 100 ? That should put the number closer to one or two?

What was the total number of players that went through this workout since 1998-99 until now and the number in hospital beds? What percentage is that?

Or there may have been mitigating circumstances that as of yet we do not know.

I don't even need to read the article. The title says it all.

The more negative stuff I read and hear about coach Ferentz the better I love the man!

As time goes on, I'm more and more convinced Kirk is one of the best hires in Iowa athletic history!

Latest posts