Password required to get into politics forum?

Sayonara. JD has addressed the issue and speaking as a guy who took a righteous banhammer from the old board for daring to mention the jackbooted ban on political discourse, I would advise you to just let it go, buddy.

Sayonara. JD has addressed the issue and speaking as a guy who took a righteous banhammer from the old board for daring to mention the jackbooted ban on political discourse, I would advise you to just let it go, buddy.

LOLOL. So that was the reason.

I am not gonna roll anyone for disagreeing with me...at least, not at this stage of life.

This is a timeout for the board while I evaluate other options. It's not permanent at this time.

I am not gonna roll anyone for disagreeing with me...at least, not at this stage of life.

This is a timeout for the board while I evaluate other options. It's not permanent at this time.

Check the timing, hoss:

"I am growing tired of you..."
- Jon D. Miller, 11.30.2010

"I am not a fan of ... [OK4P]"
- Jon D. Miller, 2.13.2008

2008, 2010 - every two years. It is now 2012, so I'm sure you are due to unleash yet another baseless attack on me any day now.

Check the timing, hoss:

2008, 2010 - every two years. It is now 2012, so I'm sure you are due to unleash yet another baseless attack on me any day now.

We can all hope. :D

No basketball, no football... I would think now would not be the ideal time to reduce traffic to your site, even if you are considering other options for the politics forum.

can't say I blame you Jon. Political debate is dead... it's largely deteriorated into hateful, knee-jerk, name-calling in many forums. This one included.

What really happened Jon? Did the hit count for the site drop after TEH BOAT took his self imposed banishment?

Or were you using DAS BOOT moniker as a nome de plume? :)

Check the timing, hoss:

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.

The problem now being: 08/2011 Met you, and don't think you're a DB.

Check the timing, hoss:"I am growing tired of you..."- Jon D. Miller, 11.30.2010"I am not a fan of ... [OK4P]" - Jon D. Miller, 2.13.20082008, 2010 - every two years. It is now 2012, so I'm sure you are due to unleash yet another baseless attack on me any day now.
LOL. Thanks for the laugh.The problem now being: 08/2011 Met you, and don't think you're a DB.

Stop it Jon. Like a good book turned into a movie...you are tainting the imagination and perception of OK4P for so many. ;)

Why did you shut down the political/ controversial forum?

Maybe the logical anti-religion posters were starting to erode your faith?

Why did you shut down the political/ controversial forum?

Maybe the logical anti-religion posters were starting to erode your faith?

Whoa.. that's a little uncalled for, and I'm even agnostic. There's a thread that goes over his reasons, open it up.

Whoa.. that's a little uncalled for, and I'm even agnostic. There's a thread that goes over his reasons, open it up.

Friend -- do me favor. I cannot open that thread you reference up. Would you mind copying Jon's comments into this thread as I am interested to know. Thanks.

Friend -- do me favor. I cannot open that thread you reference up. Would you mind copying Jon's comments into this thread as I am interested to know. Thanks.

Jon's original post:

"If you want to have a discussion related to my putting the Pol board on mass timeout for a month or so, fire away.

I'll start: The decision for the mass timeout had nothing to do with political parties. I tend to lean conservative, but I enjoy discussions of ideals and like hearing other views. The forum had turned into a living, breathing example of why the political system in this nation is screwed up; nobody can have a civil discourse...it was filled with instigators and the kind of personal attacks I just don't want on my site.

That about covers my rationale. If you want to discuss it here, that's fine. You don't have to agree with me and I am not gonna nuke anyone that does...at least, not likely ;)"

Gracias -- I have been wondering about this -- as I could not open up the thread as it said it required a password.

Cannot say I disagree with Jon and concerns ... but civil discourse and politics are a concept that are esentially an oxymoron. It isn't just this time period in our country's history that 'civility' has been lacking ... it has always been that way. If you want to see some 'discourse' that would curl your beard -- check out Thomas Jefferson or Patrick Henry. Now there were some rad dudes!

I disagree with Jon. Yes, there are a few posters that are over the top, but if you cant handle the heat dont go to that forum.

People get worked up over politics(I don't get it) and that is human nature. People need to quit being so freakin sensitive.

Who actually thinks a month timeout will change the tone of this forum?

I think the problem was consistency with the banhammer. Lay down the rules and stick to them.

Latest posts