Pass Interference on last play?

It reminded me of the PSU safety going through Stross on the last drive of the 2008 game at Kinnick (that drive ended in the memorable Daniel Murray FG). You can't go through the WR to get to the ball, and you sure can't wrap your hand around the receiver prior to the ball arriving.

However, no flag was thrown, so it was not a penalty!

Honestly if we were in Michigan's situation and that happen I would have a price for those ref's heads.

It's actually probably the right call...kinda like letting a ticky tack foul go on a last second play in BB. I wasn't so obvious that he couldn't make a play....it would have been tough regardless

Looked to me that Lowery had the inside. He has a right to the ball also.
But if I was a Michigan fan, I'd probably feel the opposite.

Honestly if we were in Michigan's situation and that happen I would have a price for those ref's heads.

They should be looking introspectively as to why they ran so much $hit from under center instead of trying to put our defense in binds letting Robinson run reads and run/pass options.

The WR is taught to close the gap on the DB, best case scenario he draws contact then 90% of the PI calls will go on the DB.

I bet that ref was a DB in his playing days! I think it was a good no call, too many plays decided on calls these days! They had 4 chances from the three- went 0-3. Iowa deserved it at that point.

Was it intended to put Lowrey on Roundtree? That was either a mistake, or tremendous trust in his skills!

Looked to me that Lowery had the inside. He has a right to the ball also.
But if I was a Michigan fan, I'd probably feel the opposite.
I bet the hanky stayed in the ref's pocket for the bolded reason above. It wasn't a great route by Roundtree, and his move to secure the inside wasn't anything to write home about either.

He had his arm on him but I've seen that not called so many times as long as it doesn't effect the play. I'd say good no call though it could have been called.

Boo hoo Mark Davis (is that his name? the guy in the studio?). You don't fail 3 straight times and get awarded on the 4th. A little physical, but he looked pretty close to the LOS and it wasn't like he rotated the receiver with the right arm.

He had his arm on him but I've seen that not called so many times as long as it doesn't effect the play. I'd say good no call though it could have been called.
wow welcome back bcl.......hopping back on the bandwagon?

again as an official you don't decide the outcome of a game. if lowrey would have run over him, different situation. but you don't make that call at the end. good win hawks.

Latest posts