Part of me almost wants Fran to get an early T....

SpiderRico

...to let the refs know early on that their bullshit homer calls with Izzo in their ear ain't gonna fly tonight.

If that doesn't work, then he needs to be ready early and often with the timeouts because in Breslin, if you let them get out to more than a double digit run, then it's over.

I don't disagree with this. Once we're up to about 8 fouls and MSU has 1 he needs to work them. You know we're going to get jobbed from the jump.

...to let the refs know early on that their bullshit homer calls with Izzo in their ear ain't gonna fly tonight.

If that doesn't work, then he needs to be ready early and often with the timeouts because in Breslin, if you let them get out to more than a double digit run, then it's over.

Get the man a chair to slam at the very least.

I would love to have another OSU game where we run out to a double digit lead and hold serve the rest of the way while tiny Tommy fumes on the sidelines.

I'd say it's about 82% likely he gets a T some time in the game, the way Izzo will work the refs for calls, MSU players will mug Garza, and every other thing possible due to the gremlins at Breslin.

George Raveling once got T'd in the opening minute at Indiana, then almost went after Knight, who thought George deserved a second tech. Knight, while being restrained from going after Raveling, accidently bumped an official and got T'd himself. This was in the opening minute of the game.

You knew it was on. Raveling had been one of Knights assistants on the 1984 Olympic team and wasn't happy with Knight over Wayman Tisdale's role one the team (John Thompson, a close friend of Raveliing's, was equally unhappy with Pat Ewing's role and thought stiffs like Joe Kleine and Jon Koncak were getting preferential treatment)

It was a very chippy game. It reminded me of the NCAA game vs Duke when Christian Laettner and Chris Street nearly came to blows when they got tangled going out of bounds on the opening possession.

Not sure it would be in the best interest to waste one early. The coach is gone on the 2nd.

George Raveling once got T'd in the opening minute at Indiana, then almost went after Knight, who thought George deserved a second tech. Knight, while being restrained from going after Raveling, accidently bumped an official and got T'd himself. This was in the opening minute of the game.

You knew it was on. Raveling had been one of Knights assistants on the 1984 Olympic team and wasn't happy with Knight over Wayman Tisdale's role one the team (John Thompson, a close friend of Raveliing's, was equally unhappy with Pat Ewing's role and thought stiffs like Joe Kleine and Jon Koncak were getting preferential treatment)

It was a very chippy game. It reminded me of the NCAA game vs Duke when Christian Laettner and Chris Street nearly came to blows when they got tangled going out of bounds on the opening possession.

I think George would have taken the General down.

What Izzo does with the refs drives me crazy, but he somehow has a clear understanding of what he can get away with and what he can't. At home he can get away with a lot it seems. Playing on the road is tough enough. Our players have to realize this going in and not start complaining. Need to play through it and expect it.

What Izzo does with the refs drives me crazy, but he somehow has a clear understanding of what he can get away with and what he can't. At home he can get away with a lot it seems. Playing on the road is tough enough. Our players have to realize this going in and not start complaining. Need to play through it and expect it.

Izzo gets his ass kissed by the refs. Bo Ryan used to as well. The blatant homerism makes Big 10 hoops unwatchable during the regular season. And of course, Iowa also gets thoroughly jobbed in the Big Ten Tournament as well. Back when Alford was here they would call it straight up, but the favoritism shown to the perceived better team now is disgusting. You have to be on an ungodly shooting streak to win the thing if you aren't a pretty high seed. That year MSU beat us when they had Valentine and that big guy was just absurd. They let MSU's big guys play like a bull in a China shop and Iowa would get called for looking at a guy. I seriously hate Big Ten officiating.

It helps that the students are right on top of the refs too

Izzo gets his ass kissed by the refs. Bo Ryan used to as well. The blatant homerism makes Big 10 hoops unwatchable during the regular season. And of course, Iowa also gets thoroughly jobbed in the Big Ten Tournament as well. Back when Alford was here they would call it straight up, but the favoritism shown to the perceived better team now is disgusting. You have to be on an ungodly shooting streak to win the thing if you aren't a pretty high seed. That year MSU beat us when they had Valentine and that big guy was just absurd. They let MSU's big guys play like a bull in a China shop and Iowa would get called for looking at a guy. I seriously hate Big Ten officiating.
Oh, come on! When Adrian Payne comes up the court with Zach McCabe in a headlock i thought it was a play-on!:eek:

That loss, or more accurately Teddy's officiating, cost us the NCAA'S that year.

There ya go with your sports history again, I told you that you were the historian!

Just my thoughts but (1) an early T for Fran would do absolutely nothing other than silence him the rest of the game as it won't matter what he has to say about home cooking at the Breslin Center. And (2) lets avoid T's of any kind because I don't think we're going to have any to spare at the end of the night if we plan on walking out with a win.

Latest posts