Painter to Missouri

I've not seen it posted on SN.com or ESPN that he's actually taken the job, just that he would make his decision today.

Nothing confirmed yet. Nothing on Sporting News either.

Not saying it's not happening, but I haven't seen confirmation yet.

I can't imagine Purdue letting Painter go. If not for a pile more money, what about Mizzou is better than Purdue? They play in a dying conference.

Overall commitment to the program might be percieved as lacking by Painter.
Word is that the AD at Purdue was kind of a cheapskate in terms of the staff.
Painter lost a valued assist recently due to money.
Allegedly,assistants are forced to drive economy rental cars when trying to impress recruits...little stuff like that.
Brand new arena at mizzou,a new extended honeymoon period, lack of players in the cupboard at PU,wife is a St Louis native..probably a lot of reasons for Painter to move,if it happens.

I can't imagine Purdue letting Painter go. If not for a pile more money, what about Mizzou is better than Purdue? They play in a dying conference.

Agree. Unless there is something brewing underground between Painter and the AD, this move doesn't make sense unless it is all about the $$$. Painter will have to start over next year with Hummel as his cornerstone, but he still has the luxury of recruiting Indiana, which has been good to him of late. At 40 he is still a young coach, but who is he going to get to recruit for him? He won't pull the same talent out of big ten country to play in big 12 and he doesn't have Anderson's ties in the south.

IMO, if it happens, Painter is very confident in his abilities. There could be multiple reasons as to why he decides one way or the other...time will tell...

Steven would probably be the guy they would make the big push for if Painter does in fact leave. That makes the most sense to me. From the sight of things, it looks as though Stevens was the mastermind during Lickliter's tenure at Butler. So he has a pretty solid track record (not just the last two years, which have been great).

Latest posts