PAC12 OOC games and drop ISU...thoughts

Most everyone else disagrees with me on this, but Iowa having two winning D1 programs benefits us. I guess a lot of people disagree with me based on some recruiting logic. I don't buy this. Can't be proven whichever side you fall on anyway. Strength of schedule, more regional and national attention here, etc, etc ad infinitum.

I always watch ISU on TV when I get the chance.

Regional attention? Maybe. National attention? No ******* way. Nobody outside the rivers gives one ounce of **** about the CyHawk series.

Not talking about the Cy-Hawk series. Talking about tv exposure. Especially east coast exposure. Although, if both Iowa and ISU were ranked, it would get a national regional game that early in the season. Another reason the B1G needs to play conference games all 12 weeks, and schedule tougher non-conf games if they want to stay relevant in the national picture. A couple of serious NC contenders wouldn't hurt either. Winning some bowl games also.

Exactly. And I think something as to give. The B1G is going to be locked into an agreement with the PAC 12 so that leaves the ISU game on the chopping block.

These are all very good points. It would be extremely difficult to play an early game at ISU and the next week or two you get USC at home. Tough even though Iowa is a 60-40 choice to win at Ames.

If Kirk would ever learn to play defense and take the wind at his back at Jack Trice we might start winning 3 out of 4 at Ames.

When Iowa plays a pac12 team on the road then the ISU game at home is an almost must win. Tough again.

Not talking about the Cy-Hawk series. Talking about tv exposure. Especially east coast exposure. Although, if both Iowa and ISU were ranked, it would get a national regional game that early in the season. Another reason the B1G needs to play conference games all 12 weeks, and schedule tougher non-conf games if they want to stay relevant in the national picture. A couple of serious NC contenders wouldn't hurt either. Winning some bowl games also.

Anything else more you want Golfer?? How about 4 undefeated b1g teams heading into the B1g champ game, just kidding.

Again I go back to being in the stands to watch Terry Hanratty drop back to pass to Jim Seymour and I saw Ricky Bell and USC at Kinnick. Wow great memories watching a fan throw a hot dog at Coach McKay.

People are gonna get sick of the SEC winning, and mysteriously, prompted once again by the CFA and tv ratings, the NCAA will go in, just like they did to USC when people got sick of them.

Its a proven fact, Iowa fans get a little chubby and tickle in their throats when talking about how they think they help Iowa State. The thing they forget, Pollard spins circles around Barta.

it wasn't long ago that pollard called transfers in college basketball an epidemic

I agree with posts from both sides of the coin and maybe so on the national stage point. But I must say that I live in Livingston Montana and I have seen every Iowa vs. Iowa State football game televised here since at least 2002. Most of them on ESecPN too.

Regional attention? Maybe. National attention? No ******* way. Nobody outside the rivers gives one ounce of **** about the CyHawk series.

34fd190.jpg