Pac 12 expansion

Utah State has evidently accepted an invitation to join the Pac 12. Interesting that all seven now committed to the Pac 12 have the name State.

UNLV and Air Force signed grants of rights with the Mountain West to remain, but they are non-binding so both could still bolt.

As it stands today, both the Pac 12 and Mountain West have Severn members which is one short of the required eight.

Neither has a team in Texas so I'd look there.

I'd guess it all still depends on what happens with the Florida St and Clemson lawsuits trying to get out of their grant of rights agreements with the ACC. If successful, the dominoes will really start to fall.

I'd guess it all still depends on what happens with the Florida St and Clemson lawsuits trying to get out of their grant of rights agreements with the ACC. If successful, the dominoes will really start to fall.
Everything I've read recently seems to indicate that neither the B1G nor the SEC readily opened their doors to either school, so both are looking at staying with the ACC with a different payout model offered where the popular schools get more $$ if they're on TV more. Personally, I think the B1G "dated" them hoping for a breakup so they would get the ACC to fold and ND would have to join the B1G.

Utah State has evidently accepted an invitation to join the Pac 12. Interesting that all seven now committed to the Pac 12 have the name State.

UNLV and Air Force signed grants of rights with the Mountain West to remain, but they are non-binding so both could still bolt.

I guess the agreement that UNLV and AFA signed, to remain in the MWC, was contingent on all 8 remaining MWC schools signing the same agreement.

When Utah St failed to sign it, and instead accepted the invite from the PAC, then whole agreement to save the MWC was voided.

UNLV and AFA are free to consider other options now. Of course normal exit fees still apply.

As it stands today, both the Pac 12 and Mountain West have Severn members which is one short of the required eight.
It's still farting in the wind. If you don't have at least 2-3 big name programs you're never coing to be considered a power conference.

I don't get why you think it's such a big deal that the PAC12 makes a resurgence. It's gone and it ain't coming back. The future of college football is 2 mega conferences, followed in a few years by a single collective that has no affiliation with the NCAA. Which is how it should be.

Latest posts