Overall this decade has been a disaster for Iowa football

What am I defending? I am saying that any program that averages 8 wins a year over 10 years is losing very often to teams that have a .500 winning % or greater. I mean who the heck do you think 8 win teams are losing to? Do you they there are going 4-1 vs teams with above .500 records and 4-4 vs teams with below .500 records? JFC use your head. I posted Frys numbers and wow, who would have thunk it, they are similar to Kirk’s. 12-30 vs conference teams .500 or better over his last decade.

So my point is No shit to your numbers. I understood this by looking at Kirks overall 8 Wins per year numbers. Guess what if a team averages 9 wins per year over a decade they probably went 21-21 vs conference teams that were .500 or better. If a team averages 10 wins per year over a decade they probably went 31-11 vs conference teams that were .500 or better.

then agree that iowa is a program that cannot consistently win against the contending teams in the B1G, teams that finish .500 or above in their own conference games. okay, we're on the same page then, deano. you agree that in the last 10 years iowa has not competed, well, for titles in the B1G and their record is proof. i apologize if i misunderstood your previous post and that i now understand you agree with me.

DR-Plan-Lock.jpg

In B1G conference games only starting with the 2010 season, our conference record against teams that finished their conference season at .500 or above is: 13 - 30. 2010 - 16 (Pre-Brian as OC) = 12 - 19. 2017 - 19 (with Brian as OC) = 1-11.
So, even before the currently failing Brian as OC experiment, we were 7 games below .500 vs conference teams that finished .500 or above. Add it the rest and we're a pathetic conference team. The best we could wind up (if we win our last 3 games is 16 - 30. that would be a 1.6 win / 3 loss avg vs B1G conf teams that finish .500 or above in conference.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/iowa/2018-schedule.html

We can't beat the good teams in our conference. Even in 2015, we only beat two conference teams that finished .500 or above and we lost the B1G game, which I did count. That is our last decade.

In the immortal words of Ray Zalinski..."Did you live under power lines as a kid or something?"

This is the stupidest attempt at analysis I've ever seen. Are you sure you don't want to add in any other caveat? Like, record against B1G teams that have animals as mascots in even numbered years east of the Mississippi? Good Lord.

From 2001 thru 2018, we have avg'd 8.2 wins per year. Only 18 other P5 schools have done better. In the last decade (2009-2018), guess what.....8.2 wins per year and #19 in the country.

So if that's someone's asinine idea of a "disaster", then that person is an idiot.

Latest posts