Over/ Under on Cubs wins

Wow. I did not know that (Johnny Carson voice). Nice.

Pretty amazing. Now, it can easily be passed as the team playing loose because there isn't any pressure on any of these guys, but they are fighting for roster spots next year, and Quade does have a chance of being retained as manager. It's not the same situation as when Bruce Kimm replaced Don Baylor.

If Quade does get the job, this will largely be the roster that he's going to have to pick from, and how these players do right now could decide who stays on the roster next year.

We all know what happened with the last two "designer managers" the Cubs hired; and hiring Girardi would fit that mold.

Pretty amazing. Now, it can easily be passed as the team playing loose because there isn't any pressure on any of these guys, but they are fighting for roster spots next year, and Quade does have a chance of being retained as manager. It's not the same situation as when Bruce Kimm replaced Don Baylor.

If Quade does get the job, this will largely be the roster that he's going to have to pick from, and how these players do right now could decide who stays on the roster next year.

We all know what happened with the last two "designer managers" the Cubs hired; and hiring Girardi would fit that mold.
Interesting thought. I was thinking about whether this run would have the Cubs look more seriously at Quade. Do you think they would think about Quade with Sandberg as a bench coach (or vice versa)? It may be tough to do that since Quade has had this run. I know Dempster came out in favor of Quade. I am just throwing darts at this point since it is unknown what the roster will look like next year (I heard it was mentioned by Ricketts or someone else that the payroll will be going down). I agree on the thought on Girardi as well.

Interesting thought. I was thinking about whether this run would have the Cubs look more seriously at Quade. Do you think they would think about Quade with Sandberg as a bench coach (or vice versa)? It may be tough to do that since Quade has had this run. I know Dempster came out in favor of Quade. I am just throwing darts at this point since it is unknown what the roster will look like next year (I heard it was mentioned by Ricketts or someone else that the payroll will be going down). I agree on the thought on Girardi as well.

I don't see how it can't. This team - with nothing on the line - is playing harder (and smarter) for Quade than they played for Lou at any point of the season.

I don't see how it can't. This team - with nothing on the line - is playing harder (and smarter) for Quade than they played for Lou at any point of the season.
I agree with the harder and smarter play. The pitching has been amazing lately as well. I was just wondering how much credit will be assigned to Quade. I love what he has done with the team, but I wonder if that move makes the splash that some would want. I certainly believe he has earned the chance to be involved in the process. This will be a very interesting off season.

I think they go .500 the rest of the way. 74 Ws

I just wanted to point out that I called it (Cubs got 75 Ws) but for all those doubters. The proof is in the pudding.

Now projections for next year. If Z can keep it going, and Wells can figure something out, and Fukudome can be traded, the Cubs could have something. And by something I think over .500, but who knows what will happen and if Rammy will even show up.

Latest posts