Over-the-back fouls

Sliding rule varies state to state. In Wisconsin, it’s a rule that you must slide if the play is close.
Fair enough. I quoted the NFHS rule book, but each state has the option of altering/amending rules as they see fit (pitch count, safety, etc.). I'm guessing this is a safety issue that your state addressed.

Why we are talking baseball when I simply asked a question for clarification says a lot about some people on this board...
My bad. I brought it up as something that fans/coaches always yell and is a pet peeve of mine. During and after playing baseball in college, I coached HS, then college, and now high school for 29 years. Always on my mind. :)

Gaining an advantage is the big thing. Did my camping in the lane get the player that rebound? I bet the ref calls it next time.

My bad. I brought it up as something that fans/coaches always yell and is a pet peeve of mine. During and after playing baseball in college, I coached HS, then college, and now high school for 29 years. Always on my mind. :)
Me too, I know where you’re coming from. ...but, there’s a baseball thread now....

Honestly you’re a dickhead I’d love to meet in a boxing ring who has probably 0 athletic abilities. Feel better coming onto A FREAKING MESSAGE BOARD, calling people fucking idiots and such. You look Like an absolutel asswipe. Why don’t you go get your blood pressure checked before you die of a heart attack soon because you get triggered to easily. Good god you’re annoying

I honestly didn’t read anything your replied with dude to the fact they are all essays. Find something better to do you crying psycho

Ps. If you don’t know the rules of the game you are playing at the college level you “college ball player” you obviously became butt-buddies with the bench and never saw PT or by being on the team did you mean special manager? Clearly your old as shit and times have changed. F off already.
1) You’re upset to the point that you want to box me? Sorry...who’s the one who’s freaking out here?

2) Turn on your phone’s spell check. It’s easier for everyone here if we all speak English.

3) I’m 38. Which is old as shit compared to some people and young as shit compared to @HuckFinn .

You’re just angry because you came on the thread spouting about your rules mastery, and when you got burned you turned it into your own little pity party about people attacking you. Don’t be mad—take it as a life lesson not to bark at people about things you don’t know anything about, friendo.

Why we are talking baseball when I simply asked a question for clarification says a lot about some people on this board...
Because you asked us in all caps to show you a rule book that doesn’t show the bogus rule you mentioned. When I showed you several, you got excited.

Because you asked us in all caps to show you a rule book that doesn’t show the bogus rule you mentioned. When I showed you several, you got excited.
Yo
No it isn’t. Wisconsin high school baseball plays under NFHS rules and it is not required. At all.

Try again.
you must live in Wisconsin and have played in the WIAA...no?

Try again old sag

1) You’re upset to the point that you want to box me? Sorry...who’s the one who’s freaking out here?

2) Turn on your phone’s spell check. It’s easier for everyone here if we all speak English.

3) I’m 38. Which is old as shit compared to some people and young as shit compared to @HuckFinn .

You’re just angry because you came on the thread spouting about your rules mastery, and when you got burned you turned it into your own little pity party about people attacking you. Don’t be mad—take it as a life lesson not to bark at people about things you don’t know anything about, friendo.
Yea it’s dumbasses like you that make this board no fun.

Referring to #3 I came onto this board asking for people to clarify if there’s an over the back rule and YOU were the one who instantly thought I was “crying like a 6 year old girl” when in fact I was simply just asking a question. ontop of that you jumped into calling someone names and I believe outside/before this thread of we met in a bar might get along but now I just wanna box you because you think you’re some sort of tough to reply to someone’s question the way you did and expect them not to come back at you. You’re the definition of an internet bully who obviously beats any (if at all) women in his life, same with kids, you’re a low life.

Referring to #3 I came onto this board asking for people to clarify if there’s an over the back rule and YOU were the one who instantly thought I was “crying like a 6 year old girl” when in fact I was simply just asking a question. ontop of that you jumped into calling someone names and I believe outside/before this thread of we met in a bar might get along but now I just wanna box you because you think you’re some sort of tough to reply to someone’s question the way you did and expect them not to come back at you. You’re the definition of an internet bully who obviously beats any (if at all) women in his life, same with kids, you’re a low life.
Hopefully Miller and Howe can delete this thread because you turned it into something it shouldn’t be. I was asking a freaking question whether or not over-the-back gets called anymore. I wasn’t acting like I was a rules master nor complaining. You need to stop pushing doors that say pull because you my friend are a special kind of stupid and I enjoy exposing it.

Over the back has never been a foul, nor does it say it is anywhere in the rule book. A player is allowed to go over the back. If they make excessive contact, then it's a foul--not because they went over the back, but because they made excessive contact.

Also, a player is never required to slide. It even says so in the rule book.

I have always assumed when someone yells "over the back" it's there way of saying there should be a foul for excessive contact to the back. It seems like maybe you are getting too technical.

I have always assumed when someone yells "over the back" it's there way of saying there should be a foul for excessive contact to the back. It seems like maybe you are getting too technical.
I agree. In most cases, I'm sure it's what they mean. I guess I have people in mind that yell it and think that going over someone's back is a foul, whether there's contact or not. Same with a reach. People I hope I don't have to sit by.