Over reaction to Iowa's blowout loss

NCHawker

I'm looking ahead here and thinking if people will arrive and all new and fresh insights about the state of the Iowa football program after what was very predictable outcome. Or will we say hmmm and go about our business. See you Saturday night.

I'm looking ahead here and thinking if people will arrive and all new and fresh insights about the state of the Iowa football program after what was very predictable outcome. Or will we say hmmm and go about our business. See you Saturday night.
I think there will be a lot of both. I think it's something to look back on after the season. Did we win 4 of our last 5 or lose 4 of our last 5. Either way, the game's not very significant. What happens happens and get Northwestern next week, lose our typical 24-13 against Purdue, and take 2 of our last 3 and slide in the back door of the KY Bowl.

I view it as this year is a wash so won't get upset. The frustration has already passed and I'm ready to see what changes will happen and what next year brings.

I realize the #1 spot in the West still could be achieved but don't see it with such an imbalanced team. If they pull off a couple wins after Ohio St and things look a little more promising, I'll prob get excited again.

I mean I'll still watch every game because I'm a fan and supporter, but, I realize there is a ceiling for this years team.

Ready for basketball season, men's and women's!!

I won’t watch because i will be st a family outing, and for once i am not that upset i will miss it. I will check the score a few times though.

i am well past conceding the oSU game and ya know, its all good.

apathy!

Really could care less about the football team this year. Yes it is basketball season again and wrestling time to move on

With the way this season's gone so far we're so far outta the possibility of winning @ OSU. But hey, bring on the next game. Play with what we've got with personnel and scheme and coaching. Leave it all out on the field. That's all there is. Then move on from that.

Oddly I might be more upset if Iowa loses a close game as then I’ll think Iowa could have won the game. If Iowa gets blown out I might be upset for about 10 minutes and be over it, losing a close game could ruin my weekend.

But I reserve the right to go into meltdown mode on here though!

If Iowa can keep it within 30 points I will be surprised. Playing with house money in this game, no one expects to win it.

I would rather see them win the next 5, which IMO are all winnable still, even for this team.

Latest posts