Our punter is #16, and so is our starting QB

Thawki

Does anyone think there will ever be a time this year that we will try some kind of fake punt by using the fact these guys have the same number to confuse the opponent?

If we were going to see that it would have been either of the last two games... Not going forward no. Not exactly a KF type of thing to do.

Iowa did the same thing last year, the punter wore #16, so it can not be coincidence that this year the punter is again wearing #16.

I am sure the intention is to confuse the other team, because I am sure it has confused many Iowa fans. OR at least not make it obvious if Iowa is going for it or not, based on who is in the huddle.

Would be cool if they were driving like on their own 40 yrd line and had a 4th down and out comes Beathard. He could line up as the punter and try and read the D and go for it or if he didn't like what he saw just pooch kick it. Never happen though.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but last year #16 was also the place holder on FGs. I'm not sure this year. Just another wrinkle to think about.

Does anyone think there will ever be a time this year that we will try some kind of fake punt by using the fact these guys have the same number to confuse the opponent?
More likely, it is for a possible fake on the field goal or extra point. Coluzzi is the holder, but we may be able to sneak CJB in there on a fake because they have the same number.

I remember another era in which our quarterback...#7...shared that number with another teammate.
I also remember the guy that beat him (maybe deservedly so) out in the Heisman voting had one extra week where he was playing that our #7 wasn't and that cemented his victory.

Maybe that'll happen again. Except there won't be that extra week.