Our problem is structural, it can't be fixed.

BSpringsteen

We have little to no talent
We have little to no discipline
We make the same mistakes year after year

Kirk made changes recognizing that the program was on tenuous ground, but it's too late.

Allowing Coach Kaz to run wild for all those years has taken its toll.

If anyone believes this guy can bring them back, you're fooling yourself.

This is now 3 years in a row where we've lost a game because we can't recover a ******* onsides kick.

Ferentz sucks, all there is to it.

I did however see a 2-2 Non Conf start as a distinct possibility and before the season started made a pledge to not let the Hawks ruin beautiful fall Saturdays. I'm going to go take the dog for a walk and then enjoy the rest of my day.

Have fun with the rest of your meltdown ****ers.

We have little to no talent
We have little to no discipline
We make the same mistakes year after year

Kirk made changes recognizing that the program was on tenuous ground, but it's too late.

Allowing Coach Kaz to run wild for all those years has taken its toll.

If anyone believes this guy can bring them back, you're fooling yourself.

This is now 3 years in a row where we've lost a game because we can't recover a ******* onsides kick.

Ferentz sucks, all there is to it.

I did however see a 2-2 Non Conf start as a distinct possibility and before the season started made a pledge to not let the Hawks ruin beautiful fall Saturdays. I'm going to go take the dog for a walk and then enjoy the rest of my day.

Have fun with the rest of your meltdown ****ers.

I thought it was cyclical.....You know a downward cycle.:rolleyes:

The Season is a third over and we are ****ed.

Anyone who thinks this team is going 5-3 in the B1G is a putz.

4-4 would be a coup at this point.

Well after watching a number of other teams play today I can say this. Iowa's players don't look very athletic - at least not compared to other team's players. Not as strong looking, not a quick, not as strong, not as agile, hell their uniforms don't seem to really fit them as well as players on the good teams. They just look like they're not physically on the same level as players from a lot of other teams that were on TV this evening. So it is what it is boys.

This is beyond inexperienced players. Getting out coached and losing to a team you shouldn't have trouble with has become a recurring theme under Ferentz over the past several years. You don't need to be The Amazing Kreskin to know that Central Michigan was going to take the ball downfield and try to score, then if it didn't get the two-point conversion, it was going to go for the onside kick. The fact that this team was ill-prepared for that worst-case scenario is alarming.

It's called complacency. There's no pressure to get better in any phase of ANYTHING. Special Teams has been garbage for years. The defense has gotten progressively worse. The offense has been getting more and more conservative and the players seem to be getting less and less athletic. None of this is the players' fault, they didn't choose to not get coached on some of the most fundamental aspects of the game.

The Boss is right. We see what we've got and it ain't getting better. This team is just not enjoyable to watch. I eagerly await the day of regime change, whenever that day may come.

Just a little thing about the Kaz comment. Remember a week or two ago when some thought he'd taken his first toll at Nebraska? Well, the kid came back and is on the team again. I guess player retention is easier when you've got that name brand behind you.

Well after watching a number of other teams play today I can say this. Iowa's players don't look very athletic - at least not compared to other team's players. Not as strong looking, not a quick, not as strong, not as agile, hell their uniforms don't seem to really fit them as well as players on the good teams. They just look like they're not physically on the same level as players from a lot of other teams that were on TV this evening. So it is what it is boys.

What are you talking about? The Iowa players have been Doyalized.

Here's a list of the problems regarding the football program.
1. KF isn't hungry anymore and coasting on past success
2. Our offense is stuck in the 90's, is easy to gameplan for, and when there was an opportunity to change we ended up with a KOK clone that was run out of Texas once he didn't have a heisman caliber qb to bail him out.
3. The B1Gs recruiting base is picked over and we don't play games in the south so our team speed is lacking
4. We're losing ground in our own state, which we currently own, but after losing to ISU two years in a row is going to hurt us down the road.
5. Even if KF runs this program into the ground it will be years before a change is made.
6. Lack of talent. Our Oline looks overrated, our qb is erratic and easily rattled, our defense looks slow and undersized
7. Our fans will jump off the bandwagon like our basketball program if this year falls apart like it's shaping out, and next year is more of the same.

2. Our offense is stuck in the 90's, is easy to gameplan for, and when there was an opportunity to change we ended up with a KOK clone that was run out of Texas once he didn't have a heisman caliber qb to bail him out.
3. The B1Gs recruiting base is picked over and we don't play games in the south so our team speed is lacking
4. We're losing ground in our own state, which we currently own, but after losing to ISU two years in a row is going to hurt us down the road.
5. Even if KF runs this program into the ground it will be years before a change is made.
6. Lack of talent. Our Oline looks overrated, our qb is erratic and easily rattled, our defense looks slow and undersized
7. Our fans will jump off the bandwagon like our basketball program if this year falls apart like it's shaping out, and next year is more of the same.

I agree 100% with all of this except the highlighted in #2 which should read, "stuck in the 70's".

Listening to Kirt talk after the game made me more angry. No emotion at all. It's time for a change.

He doesn't care he has all the money he needs...he can go 0-12 for awhile and it won't matter...barta doesn't have the balls to fire him after the dumb contract he game him.

8. The jackbooted thugs who are trying to turn the tailgating into BYU quality tailgating will push fans who want to go to party with their friends and family away.

This team is just not enjoyable to watch.

Kinda reminds you of Iowa Basketball under Lickliter. Boring and unimaginative. If you were a top skill position player would this be the type of offense you would want to play in. The same goes for an athletic defensive recruit...do you want to play in an ultra passive, non attacking no blitz defense that keeps everything in front of them as the #1 rule with prevent defense being used far too often.

I'm tired of seeing the same clock management issues at this level that I don't even see when I attend high school games. I'm tired of seeing average QB's carve us up because we allow them to sit back in the pocket week after week with no real fear of pressure because we won't do what it takes to get pressure. I think the easiest job in college football is being the the D-Coordinator who has to game plan against our offense. I really don't get bothered when we get beat by better teams...it just seems we lose far too many by being out coached.

Latest posts