Others have said we need ISU to have a good record....

uihawk82

Just in case we have a stellar record. We followed the ISU score on the radio during the drive back from kinnick and only saw the last 6-7 minutes of their game. So what was ISU's problem the first 3 qtrs?

What little I watched Baylor was getting good pressure and flushing Purdy with only a 3 and 4 man rush. Does that make our front 4 seem weak now? What was ISU's problems. And then they get the lead and look like some of KF's team pissing it down their leg. This could be a loss they regret as KState, OU Texas, W Virg, now Okie ST is looking better

Just in case we have a stellar record. We followed the ISU score on the radio during the drive back from kinnick and only saw the last 6-7 minutes of their game. So what was ISU's problem the first 3 qtrs?

What little I watched Baylor was getting good pressure and flushing Purdy with only a 3 and 4 man rush. Does that make our front 4 seem weak now? What was ISU's problems. And then they get the lead and look like some of KF's team pissing it down their leg. This could be a loss they regret as KState, OU Texas, W Virg, now Okie ST is looking better

They were getting pressure on Purdy all game. ISU did move the ball in the 1st half at times. Missed a makable FG. Too me it looked like one of those games when the team is just out of whack. Kinda like those sleepy efforts Iowa used to have in Evanston or Bloomington.

Then they started targeting their TEs and Baylor couldn't stop them.

They were getting pressure on Purdy all game. ISU did move the ball in the 1st half at times. Missed a makable FG. Too me it looked like one of those games when the team is just out of whack. Kinda like those sleepy efforts Iowa used to have in Evanston or Bloomington.

thanks for the info and yes I remember a lot of the hawk's sleepy efforts against underdogs.

Nailed it.

Iowa State looked very slow out of the gate. They were 10x more prepared to play Iowa than they were against Baylor. Campbell can say he treats every game the same but that performance suggests otherwise.

Do people actually think we are getting into the playoff?

I think we’re a good team but we’re not going undefeated.

Not having Butler and Monty to bail them out has hurt them so far and will continue to hurt them. Purdy is too wild to put the game in his hands. Next weekend in my opinion is a season make or break game. Win and they can turn things around. Lose and they are 2-3 and the wheels start to come off.

They couldn’t stop #81(forgot his name) but that dude kept making big catch after big catch.

Wouldn't we need ISU to have a great season with multiple Top-25 wins only if they beat us?
No. The better they do as the year goes on, the better that our win over them looks.

IIRC, the year we beat Miami (OH) when Rothlisberger was their QB, Miami didn’t lose again and helped us in the polls because they became a Top10 team we beat on the road (2002).

Wins are wins for Iowa, especially on the road. Iowa won’t be penalized at the end of the year based on Iowa states record. It won’t matter.

Do people actually think we are getting into the playoff?

I think we’re a good team but we’re not going undefeated.

We won't get to Indy unless we're undefeated. And say we beat Ohio State there - do we get in to be the #4 team in the country, or did we just open up a slot for 2 sec teams, Clemson, and ND?

IMHO, Iowa's not going to the playoffs this or any year. The real unwritten rule is, unless you are USC, Texas, Alabama, OSU, LSU, Florida, Gerogia, Auburn, ND, or Oklahoma you aren't ever going to be in. It's just not happening. College football is a secret, one conference championship between those ten teams and everyone else is just chasing pixie dust. The NC is just as mythical with the playoffs as it ever was before.

No. The better they do as the year goes on, the better that our win over them looks.

IIRC, the year we beat Miami (OH) when Rothlisberger was their QB, Miami didn’t lose again and helped us in the polls because they became a Top10 team we beat on the road (2002).

2002 we beat them on the road, but we were not their only loss. That was 2003, when we won at home, and they went on to win-out, including the MAC CG and their bowl game.

We won't get to Indy unless we're undefeated. And say we beat Ohio State there - do we get in to be the #4 team in the country, or did we just open up a slot for 2 sec teams, Clemson, and ND?

IMHO, Iowa's not going to the playoffs this or any year. The real unwritten rule is, unless you are USC, Texas, Alabama, OSU, LSU, Florida, Gerogia, Auburn, ND, or Oklahoma you aren't ever going to be in. It's just not happening. College football is a secret, one conference championship between those ten teams and everyone else is just chasing pixie dust. The NC is just as mythical with the playoffs as it ever was before.

I see why you’d say that, but in 2015 Michigan state got in and they are a trash program

There is more "the better team lost" the better team lost talk over on their boards. Apparently their TE said they haven't lost to a better team yet. I also enjoy the "how many wins will we get this year" thread if you want free entertainment.

We seem to be getting pressure on the QB now, just not sacks. We have been able to move the pocket, we just don’t quite get to the QB. Sacks are important, but hurrying the QB has a big effect on what they are doing.

I think a big factor was the difference in temperature down on the sidelines. Baylor's sideline was in the shade for most of the game while ISU's sideline was in the sun until about 10:00 left in the 4th quarter. At one point the announcers said it was 92°F on Baylor's sideline while it was over 115°F on ISU's sideline. ISU tried to put up some shade tents, but the NCAA said they couldn't which was BS IMO.

Latest posts