Other B1G games ...

Continuing the Breslin theme.

Rocket Watts looks like a terrible defensive guard. I've seen him blow assignments now against both Illinois and Maryland.

It a horrible shame that Fred will in all likelihood miss that game.

Maryland and Penn St. are certainly impressive. Let's hope Iowa can take care of PSU at home.
That east coast Frankenstein that Delany created in his lab is threatening to destroy the conference.

In basketball, anyway.

I got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand the Eastern Bloc is dominating this league like it never has before. On the other hand who knows what role it has played in bringing east coast kids like Garza and Toussaint to Iowa, a long overdue development.

Not in the B1G but...

I will never pass on the chance to rip Shaka Smart. He may have reached a new nadir in his quest to be unemployed soon by getting abused 81-52 by...

...wait for it...

...the Iowa State Cyclones.

The. Iowa. State. Cyclones.

Look, I don't care if his resume does include an NCAA final four and an NIT title. He is a horribly overrated coach. In fact if Alvarez wants to dump Greg Gard I will personally shell out air fare for Madison native Smart to make a beeline to Barry's office and accept that job on the spot.

That said Wisconsin has quietly righted it's ship, has a favorable closing schedule, and will probably finish above us in the conference standings.

Again.

There! I did finish my post with a B1G angle after all.

That is a lot of IFs my friend. But I agree with you 100%

The biggest (most important I mean) IF is JoeW becoming an alpha.

JoeT has to play better defense, break down defenses and kick it out (has happened very little lately).

Kreiner and Pemsl have to stop bone-headed plays and value the ball.

Connor is going to have to shoot and make outside shots to keep Garza clean.

Fran is actually going to have to use his timeouts during a game to rest his starters to rotate Garza and JoeW out before media timeouts. They will have to play 33-36 minutes a game for any chance. Connor near that number as well.

Fran is going to need to be very careful with his substitution patterns. He CANNOT have some of these goofy lineups in there..ie...Evelyn, Till, Kriener , Pemsl, Ash. The starters are going to have to step up for more minutes. We have no choice and Till and Ash are not remotely close to being ready for prime time. This staff has to be mindful of clock, TV timeouts, etc. The bench players are going to need to be on a very short leash.

Fran is going to need to be very careful with his substitution patterns. He CANNOT have some of these goofy lineups in there..ie...Evelyn, Till, Kriener , Pemsl, Ash. The starters are going to have to step up for more minutes. We have no choice and Till and Ash are not remotely close to being ready for prime time. This staff has to be mindful of clock, TV timeouts, etc. The bench players are going to need to be on a very short leash.
Yep. I said JoeW was the biggest IF for this team to win down the stretch.
Fran is right there, too.

They are 1A and 1B and I’m not sure which one goes where.

Not in the B1G but...

I will never pass on the chance to rip Shaka Smart. He may have reached a new nadir in his quest to be unemployed soon by getting abused 81-52 by...

...wait for it...

...the Iowa State Cyclones.

The. Iowa. State. Cyclones.

Look, I don't care if his resume does include an NCAA final four and an NIT title. He is a horribly overrated coach. In fact if Alvarez wants to dump Greg Gard I will personally shell out air fare for Madison native Smart to make a beeline to Barry's office and accept that job on the spot.

That said Wisconsin has quietly righted it's ship, has a favorable closing schedule, and will probably finish above us in the conference standings.

Again.

There! I did finish my post with a B1G angle after all.

ESPN bracket watch still shows possibility of 12 B1G teams in. While that seems insane, maybe the solution is to simply have the BTT serve as the Midwest Region, add 2 other Midwest teams, and maybe even add 2 play-in teams. Let the other 50 teams fend for themselves.

Works for me

Last edited:
ESPN bracket watch still shows possibility of q2 B1G teams in. While that seems insane, maybe the solution is to simply have the BTT serve as the Midwest Region, add 2 other Midwest teams, and maybe even add 2 play-in teams. Let the other 50 teams fend for themselves.

Works for me
That would be the most difficult regional ever

Good to see Ayo back for Illinois. Anyone know what his injury was. I looked awhile back. I thought Illinois was done for the year after he got hurt.

Coaches are miked up in this game. Illinois at Penn ST.

Good to see Ayo back for Illinois. Anyone know what his injury was. I looked awhile back. I thought Illinois was done for the year after he got hurt.

Let's hope the Illinois coaching assistants swear again, lol......

The mikes are cool. Underwood seems like a good guy

Gonna be a fun game to watch

I would rather see the Illini lose. Penn State seems to have second place locked up

Illinois in a 5-way tie for third place along with The Hawks, Michigan State, Rutgers and Wisconsin

Really going to be an interesting stretch run

Underwood is a great coach. But, running the clock down before they work for a shot the last two or three possessions has not been effective. Hope that does not cost them the game. I’ll better the PSU tonight.

Latest posts