Other B1G and CBB Game Thread

InGoodCo

We need a thread we can come to when discussing other games outside the Hawks and other teams we are keeping an eye on that will impact where Iowa falls in the final standings.

4 B1G games on tap tonight

WI at MSU - we can't lose here but since we don't play WI again and we have MSU at home, I will say go Sparty
UI at jvNU - tough call but I think we want Northwestern to remain down after showing some life - go Hoosiers
Michigan at PSU - go Lions imo
IL at Purdue - we can't really lose here but since we still have to go to IL - go Orange.

It's also time to start looking at how bubble teams are fairing. I think Creighton is a team that is firmly there and they've been extremely up and down this season. Would love to see them trip up at home to Butler

Creighton pulled it off - they remain bubbly another week.

Michigan winning at PSU was pretty big for them. Northwestern is on fire.

We need a thread we can come to when discussing other games outside the Hawks and other teams we are keeping an eye on that will impact where Iowa falls in the final standings.

4 B1G games on tap tonight

WI at MSU - we can't lose here but since we don't play WI again and we have MSU at home, I will say go Sparty
UI at jvNU - tough call but I think we want Northwestern to remain down after showing some life - go Hoosiers
Michigan at PSU - go Lions imo
IL at Purdue - we can't really lose here but since we still have to go to IL - go Orange.

It's also time to start looking at how bubble teams are fairing. I think Creighton is a team that is firmly there and they've been extremely up and down this season. Would love to see them trip up at home to Butler
The 4 teams you were rooting for all lost do the reverse physciology thing. LOL!

I am assuming this is the thread where we worry about Murray St. and Loyola of Chicago winning their conference tournament and hope St. Mary shits the bed.

Rutgers feels like a team that will barely make the tournament but end up in the elite 8.
They should have been in it last year. They had Houston beat in the round of 32 but couldn't finish.

They would have played 11 seed Syracuse in the next round and 12 seed Oregon State in the regional final.

Wow, Rutgers looked for dead and pulled it out.
I thought the officials swallowed their whistles at the end and it benefitted Rutgers. But Baker makes big time plays in clutch situations.

They have slayed some giants this year and they still have Illinois, MSU and Wisconsin twice. The way the two teams play defense Rutgers vs Wisconsin could be a race to forty.

I thought the officials swallowed their whistles at the end and it benefitted Rutgers. But Baker makes big time plays in clutch situations.

They have slayed some giants this year and they still have Illinois, MSU and Wisconsin twice. The way the two teams play defense Rutgers vs Wisconsin could be a race to forty.
You mean the opposite of what happened when we played there?

That Houston game left a bad taste and Rutgers really tough to beat in tight games now. They have some quality guards which helps. Very interesting down the stretch them being on the fence. Actually wouldn't surprise if they removed all doubt by taking the BTT.

Not what want though. We want either us or an in already team to get the automatic bid.

Honestly I'd rather use r/CollegeBasketball on reddit for game threads. They have them for every game and you get perspective from fans of other teams as well. I still like this site for news though.

I think the Ohio State shooter was fouled on the shooting hand on the last second shot. The ball was way short and no way did he get all ball!

You mean the opposite of what happened when we played there?
They swallowed them that night too. Until one of them decided he'd seen enough and didn't want that slog to go into OT and he called a foul on Keegan that was absolutely phantom compared to what they were letting go all night.

Honestly I'd rather use r/CollegeBasketball on reddit for game threads. They have them for every game and you get perspective from fans of other teams as well. I still like this site for news though.
Completely forgot about that subreddit. I unsubbed back in March after we got wrecked by Oregon, couldn't read the comments about Iowa, the wounds were too fresh.

Wisconsin currently in another cliff hanger, this time with Rutgers. Wisconsin has won virtually every cliff hanger they've been involved in, which is starting to buck the odds (or Bucky the odds)

I've said all year that they've played over their heads and KenPom bears this out. Wisconsin is fourth in the country in "luck".

Vs sparty they were awarded a three pointer when the shooter had a foot on the sideline. Today Brad Davison was awarded a three with his foot on the line (should have been a two)

As I've typed this Rutgers has forged ahead and is playing their usual salty defense, but if the Badgers win by one or send this to OT I'm gonna lose my shit. No team should continually get the breaks Wisconsin keeps getting!

Of course Rutgers (and Michigan) getting hot don't help iowas cause either. Those are two teams just ahead of Iowa in the standings who some have on the bubble.

Rutgers will no longer get be on the bubble after this game.

Another team to watch for (who we naturally haven't played yet) is Northwestern. They have recently won a tough game vs Rutgers and then played, and beat, a short handed Indiana team where Woodson benched five players for violating team rules.

Latest posts