OT - Weekend...

Fryowa

Administrator
Plans this weekend?

Supposed to hit 62 degrees where I'm at this weekend, thawed out a 10 lb pork shoulder for the Pit Barrel tomorrow. This will be the first smoke of the year for me since the weather's been so shitty.

Going with half cherry/half hickory, wrapped in butcher paper at 150 till 200, then rested a half hour and pulled. Dropped in the roaster with a 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and a touch more Weber KC rub (best store-bought one out there, IMO). Serving with pickled onions, homemade slaw, and jalapeno mac & cheese. Leftovers will go into tacos on the Blackstone Sunday afternoon.

Watching the Hawks win the B1G wrestling tournament with some buds, eating all that food, and probably being the DD later on Saturday night.

@okeefe4prez , Any epic smoke session plans?

Plans this weekend?

Supposed to hit 62 degrees where I'm at this weekend, thawed out a 10 lb pork shoulder for the Pit Barrel tomorrow. This will be the first smoke of the year for me since the weather's been so shitty.

Going with half cherry/half hickory, wrapped in butcher paper at 150 till 200, then rested a half hour and pulled. Dropped in the roaster with a 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and a touch more Weber KC rub (best store-bought one out there, IMO). Serving with pickled onions, homemade slaw, and jalapeno mac & cheese. Leftovers will go into tacos on the Blackstone Sunday afternoon.

Watching the Hawks win the B1G wrestling tournament with some buds, eating all that food, and probably being the DD later on Saturday night.

Wresting and some bb for me. Gonna be 40 here, so gonna stay indoors. Shoulder sounds great, though. For us, sounds like next weekend may be better, in which case I may do a brisket overnight.

Rubs.......I use a recipe based on Melissa Cookston’s for all-purpose, but for brisket I’m salt, pepper and a bit of garlic.

now I’m drooling.

Plans this weekend?

Nah, I haven't smoked in awhile. We had baseball opening day yesterday and the two weekends before were scheduled for practice but we got rained out. I'm gonna half smoke a corned beef brisket next Saturday (finishing it wrapped in the oven over beer). Hopefully we get a basketball game on Saturday.

Latest posts