OT: This is the part of recruiting that sickens me

Definitely over the top. These schools mentioned...UCLA,KU,Ky...all top 5 programs,who get top recruits all the time,and they are this entitled?
Screw them.

You know there is a very fine line that separates those that post hurtfull things on someones personal facebook sights and those who post hurtfull things on public message boards like this one. In my mind the are the same.

I've never understood the logic behind blasting a kid that didn't choose your program. If he doesn't want to be there, why would you want him? And do you really think that ripping him apart, calling him names, and harrassing him will make him change his mind and pick your school? Just dumb

I've never understood the logic behind blasting a kid that didn't choose your program. If he doesn't want to be there, why would you want him? And do you really think that ripping him apart, calling him names, and harrassing him will make him change his mind and pick your school? Just dumb
The "funny" thing here is that he remained committed to the school. He just hadn't signed his LOI yet.

Remember when tOSU's TE got death threats after dropping a ball in the endzone? It was a couple years ago, I believe a Texas game? That was even worse in my mind because it was people heckling an athlete from their own team.
Friggin ridiculous.

Remember when tOSU's TE got death threats after dropping a ball in the endzone? It was a couple years ago, I believe a Texas game? That was even worse in my mind because it was people heckling an athlete from their own team.
Friggin ridiculous.

Ryan Hamby is the guy you're thinking of. And yes, that stuff is ridiculous. A lot like the crap we gave Christensen (and many still do). I'm guilty of that as well, but I try to keep from bashing him whenever I can, because it's not like he didn't give us his best effort.

Some of the ESPN comments are worth a chuckle: "All you Kentucky fans are inbred morons. adjust the rabbit ears on your trailers. you aren't getting jones. go back to eating roadkill."

Perhaps a little harsh :) But Calipari is slime, for sure. Left 2 programs on probation, still coaching and making millions, how the heck does that work?

Friggin ridiculous.

Let's not forget all the crap that Trey Stross took after the OSU game. Between that and the booing of Jake C. are two times that I was literally embarrased to be a Hawkeye fan. Both of those young men deserved better treatment.

Let's not forget all the crap that Trey Stross took after the OSU game. Between that and the booing of Jake C. are two times that I was literally embarrased to be a Hawkeye fan. Both of those young men deserved better treatment.

No fooling! I felt bad for both young men and still can't believe some fan's reactions. We can add John Lickliter to that list as well. He took a lot of heat, an still occasionally does, for just doing his best.

Some of the ESPN comments are worth a chuckle: "All you Kentucky fans are inbred morons. adjust the rabbit ears on your trailers. you aren't getting jones. go back to eating roadkill."

Perhaps a little harsh :) But Calipari is slime, for sure. Left 2 programs on probation, still coaching and making millions, how the heck does that work?

Just coach and break the rules until you get caught. Then leave. It's really a simple cycle he's created. Some schools must be willing to risk tradition in the interest of just winning.

Taking criticism when you made a bonehead play is part of the game at every level. I don't love it, but it comes with the territory. But things like what Spank was posting about have no place in sports. "You suck" and "I am going to kill you" comments aren't cool, but they also aren't the same thing.
-Greg

Latest posts