OT: Pro Bowl

Not that we needed it, but this is more proof that money drives everything, not keeping fans entertained or interested. Just like our GDP it has to grow every year or we're doomed. It's such a terrible model as it's only considering short-term revenues.

Yep. My old lady is from Japan and the media has bombarded the world with "JAPAN IS DOOMED BECAUSE IT'S POPULATION IS SHRINKING" crap. She's basically of the opinion that Japan losing a quarter of its population over an extended period would be great because the place is way too crowded and resource constraints dictate that it needs to shrink. The notion of perpetual growth will eventually hit a wall of resource constraints everywhere. It's like no one has ever read The Lorax, which is Dr. Seuss's best book.

Yep. My old lady is from Japan and the media has bombarded the world with "JAPAN IS DOOMED BECAUSE IT'S POPULATION IS SHRINKING" crap. She's basically of the opinion that Japan losing a quarter of its population over an extended period would be great because the place is way too crowded and resource constraints dictate that it needs to shrink. The notion of perpetual growth will eventually hit a wall of resource constraints everywhere. It's like no one has ever read The Lorax, which is Dr. Seuss's best book.
1644507740074.png

Those are some of the main reasons why I find the NFL boring as hell.

Every year is a complete shuffling of the deck and it leads to randomness. One year a team goes 16-2, then 3-15, then 8-8 because free agency shuffles the deck with players and coaches. I hate the Patriots, but they were the last great team that we'll ever see. Love it or hate it, at least it's fun to see a dynasty like that happen and watch 1) the Patriots try to sustain it, and 2) other teams try to beat it.

And the draft...don't get me started. The "worst goes first" system is total bull shit and a career-killer for a lot of guys. Why should the best college players automatically be damned to the worst football teams? Time has shown it does not make NFL teams better. Once in a blue moon it helps slightly, but 99% of the time it does nothing. Look at Cleveland. Look at Jacksonville. Look at Detroit. Drafting high has done nothing for these teams. Besides that, it gives incentive to tank and not give a shit once your team is out of the playoff running. Who wants to watch a team play that's ok with losing?

The draft needs to go to a full on, equal chance lottery. One ball per team per round for the first 5 rounds, then start the "worst goes first" bullshit.
All very true, and add in the fact that outside of the division they play an unbalanced schedule based on how they played the year before. A 1st place schedule, Last place schedule etc, again to support parity. This reinforces your statement really how good the Pats really were, take a look at their schedules over those years of greatness.

Those are some of the main reasons why I find the NFL boring as hell.

Every year is a complete shuffling of the deck and it leads to randomness. One year a team goes 16-2, then 3-15, then 8-8 because free agency shuffles the deck with players and coaches. I hate the Patriots, but they were the last great team that we'll ever see. Love it or hate it, at least it's fun to see a dynasty like that happen and watch 1) the Patriots try to sustain it, and 2) other teams try to beat it.

And the draft...don't get me started. The "worst goes first" system is total bull shit and a career-killer for a lot of guys. Why should the best college players automatically be damned to the worst football teams? Time has shown it does not make NFL teams better. Once in a blue moon it helps slightly, but 99% of the time it does nothing. Look at Cleveland. Look at Jacksonville. Look at Detroit. Drafting high has done nothing for these teams. Besides that, it gives incentive to tank and not give a shit once your team is out of the playoff running. Who wants to watch a team play that's ok with losing?

The draft needs to go to a full on, equal chance lottery. One ball per team per round for the first 5 rounds, then start the "worst goes first" bullshit.
To each their own. You must enjoy watching Bama, Clemson, OSU and Okie make the playoffs every year. Or watch the Yankees or Dodgers purchase a playoff spot each year. I like that every market in the NFL is functionally on the same footing. My Chiefs won the Super Bowl because they hired a great coach and drafted a generational QB that 10 other teams passed on. My Vikings suck because they hired a grumpy asshole for a coach and spend a third of their salary cap on he 14th best QB in the league. You largely get what you deserve in the NFL.

I get that you do not like the NFL. Everyone has their own tastes. Its just the most popular sport in the history of sports and all.

To each their own. You must enjoy watching Bama, Clemson, OSU and Okie make the playoffs every year.
There is zero correlation between the NCAA and NFL. Absolutely none. What causes dominance in college football doesn’t exist in the pro game. Totally unrelated

This shit about there being some grand conspiracy from the Southern schools about hoarding all the talent is just that, a load of bunk. But it is a very real issue in the college game today. The NCAA will have to deal with it, or not. If it's meant to be a game where any school north of the Mason-Dixon not named OSU, USC, or Oregon doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of challenging for a natty, so be it. Just openly admit it and watch viewership drop. It's not just CTE that'll turn off future generations.

Latest posts