OT: Hawkeyenation.com on Iphone

Omaherky

Is anyone else experiencing the constant spamming for app store games? The forums from my phone are basically unusable due the non stop re-routes to the app store.

It's hit and miss for me. Sometimes I can get it work pretty well, other times not at all.

Have had the same issue in iPhone and it seems to have started in the past 45 days. I'm not interested in downloading candy crush...thanks.

Try using the Adblock app (it's free) and see if that helps. That's what I use on my iPhone and I don't get any pop up ads.

i get occasional ads on Android...its not usually a bother, but occasionally the bottom half of my screen will be black with a tiny little ad. I think the ad is just supposed to take up like the bottom tenth of the screen, but for some reason instead takes up half the screen.

I browse HN on my phone when I'm pooping, FYI.

I don't mind the ads popping up on my phone, but my Mac BookPro processors kick into high gear when I'm on the home page. It's like I'm trying to use all my processing power to navigate the site. I'm sure it's not great for my mac but I do love the site so I have no choice.

Is anyone else experiencing the constant spamming for app store games? The forums from my phone are basically unusable due the non stop re-routes to the app store.

Try using the Adblock app (it's free) and see if that helps. That's what I use on my iPhone and I don't get any pop up ads.

I will try that out.

Thanks for all the responses!

I just thought maybe Jon wanted me to play Marvel; Contest of Champions really bad!

Jon needs to find some middle ground in the add game. When I can't access the site because I get hijacked to some win a free iPhone scam, I have to do something, either stay off the site or install adblocking software

I keep winning free iphones as well and I cannot get out of it unless I completely close out and go back in. Kind of a hassle!

Jon needs to find some middle ground in the add game. When I can't access the site because I get hijacked to some win a free iPhone scam, I have to do something, either stay off the site or install adblocking software

Ad blocking all the way. Everywhere, all the time. Ads are bad enough, but the malware alone is reason to block everything.

Yes I've been dealing with both the games and free IPhone ads. Been going on for months. Some times so over whelming that I just keep away for several days at a time.

Its it's ok for Jon to do advertising that can bring in some revenue to help cover the cost of operating the site, but what is wrong is that the ads don't offer an X out option and take total control of your iPhone to the point like some said you have to drop the page and start all over again. Very annoying!!!

For those of you who get the ad blocker please let us know if it works and post it under a new thread title like "ad blocker works".......... That's if Jon don't delete the thread. :)

Latest posts