OT: General Smoked Meat and Food Thread

A must have companion for your smoker is a vacuum packer. Did a brisket a month or so ago and what didn't get devoured I cut into 4 nice size chunks and tossed in freezer. Pulled one package out to take for sandwiches at work this week. Beats fast food! I usually smoke extra whatever and vac pack and put in fridge. Ate as long as 10 days later and tastes like day I put it in. Recommend a jar attachment for wide mouth jars to use for fridge. Saves on plastic rolls and easily re-vac. Left overs stay nice and fresh.

A must have companion for your smoker is a vacuum packer. Did a brisket a month or so ago and what didn't get devoured I cut into 4 nice size chunks and tossed in freezer. Pulled one package out to take for sandwiches at work this week. Beats fast food! I usually smoke extra whatever and vac pack and put in fridge. Ate as long as 10 days later and tastes like day I put it in. Recommend a jar attachment for wide mouth jars to use for fridge. Saves on plastic rolls and easily re-vac. Left overs stay nice and fresh.

Nice tips. Thanks.

Latest posts