OT Cubs basically equal Iowa St football

HaydenHawk56

Another season with no title to their name. Choke Cubs Choke...what a joke. Way to show up against a team you owned in the regular season.

Unless Harry Caray pulls a MSU fumble punt return out of his grave bag of tricks, Cubs are 2 innings away from another big time letdown.

Another season with no title to their name. Choke Cubs Choke...what a joke. Way to show up against a team you owned in the regular season.

Unless Harry Caray pulls a MSU fumble punt return out of his grave bag of tricks, Cubs are 2 innings away from another big time letdown.

what the he???

When have you Cyclones ever made a League championship?? Aint happened.

what the he???

When have you Cyclones ever made a League championship?? Aint happened.

The point being....that both can't win a title of note. You might be right, Cyclones are actually worse than the Cubs and the Cubs have not won the Big One in like a 100 years or whatever it is.

Both are losers.....just one of them are more loveable though.....our cubbies that is.

HH56, there were many on here that thought we were about 2-3 years away, this is a preview of whats to come, enjoy the successes that we saw this year...yep, I'm pi$$ed that we haven't won a game, and we have some pitching issues, so say what you will, it' helluva year for the Cubs....

HH56, there were many on here that thought we were about 2-3 years away, this is a preview of whats to come, enjoy the successes that we saw this year...yep, I'm pi$$ed that we haven't won a game, and we have some pitching issues, so say what you will, it' helluva year for the Cubs....

No question, young talent, got pitching issues. But man, some of the old cubs fans (most, if not all) got to be thinking will I ever be alive when they finally get it all put together?

Would have been a hell of story with the whole Back to the Future Theme.

The playoffs were all gravy. I came into the season with the expectation of winning around 85 games and being in contention for the second wild card. This group is nowhere near its peak yet, and they still knocked off the Pirates and Cardinals to reach the LCS.

I'm disappointed in how bad they looked against the Mets, but this series didn't tell us a whole lot that we didn't already know. We knew we had issues in the rotation after Lester and Arrieta (Lester threw well enough to win, and Arrieta's innings finally caught up to him). We knew that this lineup, while capable of scoring in bunches, had the tendency to struggle at times, especially against top level pitching (which the Mets have in spades). We knew the defense, particularly in the outfield, wasn't always great (which was only made worse with Russell's injury).

It sucks, but this wasn't entirely shocking. All I know is I enjoyed the ride and can't wait to see what moves the Cubs make this winter to start really coming out as the team to beat in the NL for the foreseeable future.

Hahaha! Seriously I honestly can tell you what a stupid thread this is. I'm not a Cub fan but this is one of the most idiotic threads I've seen. lol wow!

Hahaha! Seriously I honestly can tell you what a stupid thread this is. I'm not a Cub fan but this is one of the most idiotic threads I've seen. lol wow!

And your point it HawkPrdatr??? Both don't exactly have a lot titles in their show rooms between both of them. Heck, how often has either one of them won their division in the modern era?

Both are known for choking, losing, not winning.

Last edited:
And your point it HawkPrdatr??? Both don't exactly have a lot titles in their show rooms between both of them. Heck, how often has either one of them won their division in the modern era?

Both are known for choking, losing, not winning.

Dan Marino has no Super Bowl rings. Therefore, Dan Marino basically equals Ryan Leaf.

This isn't even close to the same Mets team that the Cubs swept in the regular season. We caught Syndergaard on his MLB debut and knocked him around, but he's way better now than he was then. Matz hadn't even been called up yet. No Cespedes, no Wright and Murphy wasn't the hottest hitter in baseball. Harvey completely shut down the lineup back in May, just like he did in Game 1.

This was an offense that relied HEAVILY on the long ball during the postseason, and that's rarely been sustainable for 11/12 wins in October. And the Mets pitching staff showed us exactly why.

The point being....that both can't win a title of note. You might be right, Cyclones are actually worse than the Cubs and the Cubs have not won the Big One in like a 100 years or whatever it is.

Both are losers.....just one of them are more loveable though.....our cubbies that is.

After the way they treated Bartman, they're anything but lovable. I celebrate their pain.

Same ol from the Cub/ISUx fanbase.

Well....we won our superbowl...we beat the Cardinals/Hawks.

the author of this thread is clueless ... the Cubs are loaded and will be the betting favorite to win the WS in 2016 ... Theo has done a fantastic job rebuilding their farm system and they are loaded at the corners with two studs good for 70 home runs combined per year for the next 5-10 years

do your homework ... I am a LIFE LONG CARDS FAN and you obviously don't follow baseball

And where is your team this year? At Home I'm guessing

No question, young talent, got pitching issues. But man, some of the old cubs fans (most, if not all) got to be thinking will I ever be alive when they finally get it all put together?

Would have been a hell of story with the whole Back to the Future Theme.

I consider myself one of those old Cub fans, my only concern is, will my dad see them win it.....It was a helluva season to watch, it's just too bad they couldn't get it done, but hey, we will soon watch them again take the field, and hope for another great season. I was lucky to see them in July, and it was one of the best days for me and my wife. The friendly confines were anything but against the Mets, but jesus, those guys earned it, they were more aggressive, their pitching was outstanding, and that's what wins games....Maddon & Crew will step back, re-evaluate the season, see who's coming up, see who's on the market, make a play for some other arms, and be right back there again next year even more hungry.........

Latest posts