OT board no longer accessible through Android app

DuffMan

I'm assuming this is another unintended side effect of making it opt in. Also the politics board has never been accessible from the app.

I prefer it that way; my phone isn't littered with the vintagehawkeye retiring garbage and such...

I don't blame ya Jon.

It's definitely better now, but it would have been nice to just ban the offending poster(s) and actually have a functional, constructive off-topic board for people to use, rather that just stuffing the whole mess in a closet.

I would have voted for better moderation, but I can understand that Jon doesn't want to spend all his time doing that, though it would be nice to recruit some volunteers.

Would've been nice to keep the board for a place to try and hash out things like car trouble, product reviews, household chore/DIY solutions, etc, instead of inmates running the asylum feel.

But this is definitely better than before.

It's definitely better now, but it would have been nice to just ban the offending poster(s) and actually have a functional, constructive off-topic board for people to use, rather that just stuffing the whole mess in a closet.

I would have voted for better moderation, but I can understand that Jon doesn't want to spend all his time doing that, though it would be nice to recruit some volunteers.

Would've been nice to keep the board for a place to try and hash out things like car trouble, product reviews, household chore/DIY solutions, etc, instead of inmates running the asylum feel.

Everything can be exactly as it was for any user that wants to opt in to the board...and we'll get the app part of it addressed too.

This isn't that big of a change...those who still want it the way they had it (via computer browsing) can do so in about 10 seconds.

I'll be happy to volunteer. Where do I sign up.

Great question superfan! Apparently no one wants to tell us THAT...it's BS anyway...people didn't like the OT board so we're hiding it? Makes no sense...

I agree with you Shane. It's crazy, but if I start reading a post and realize I don't like what they're saying, I stop reading and pick another one. And if I see a post by certain posters that I dont care for, well, I just don't read them. So if you saw a post with "Vintage" in the title and didnt want to read, no one made you. Pretty easy but maybe there are people that can't do that? Don't get it at all.

Is the OT board some sort of restricted club access or something? I don't have access to it so was curious. Is it some sort of big secret why we can't see it?

I prefer it that way; my phone isn't littered with the vintagehawkeye retiring garbage and such...

Yeah I know what you mean - I really hated seeing kaldenberg posting the personal information of other posters and threatening to use that information in a harmful way. But I'm a big boy and I don't cryin' to mama just because I see something I don't like. I guess some people are just different that way.

Then don't subscribe to the political board, genius.

I don't. I don't see how the political board has anything to do with the OT forum.

Yeah I know what you mean - I really hated seeing kaldenberg posting the personal information of other posters and threatening to use that information in a harmful way. But I'm a big boy and I don't cryin' to mama just because I see something I don't like. I guess some people are just different that way.

I assume you're referring to me? Crying? I don't read any of the OT or political board stuff. I really don't care. I was only saying its a minor annoyance when I'm on my phone looking for Hawk related stuff and the entire new posts page (which is the default unless you select an individual forum) is full of that garbage. Believe me, I understand some folks live and die by their message board realities. I'm just not one of them. I guess some people are just different that way.

Latest posts